United States – Illinois – Abbott Park
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Abbott Park, IL location in the CHR Corporate Human Resources division. This is an onsite position.
As the Sr Analyst, Business Systems you will provide high-quality support for the Abbott Workday Human Resource environment as part of the HRTS HCM Architecture team. You will interact with our customers through email, phone, and instant messaging, to meet customer requests for advanced reporting, and resolve related customer issues with Corporate HR systems and processes. You're a great match if you enjoy delivering excellence, possess fantastic troubleshooting skills, and enjoy a challenge.
What You’ll Work On
The Analyst, Business Systems is responsible for fulfilling requests for appropriate HR information to troubleshoot and resolve various HR systems issues reported by end users. Items are received via multiple channels, including IT Help Desk, Zendesk case management system, email, or Instant Messaging. Other assignments result from HR projects requiring new reports, updates to existing reports, and investigation of report impacts and data review.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Gather and compile the necessary information to fully understand the requests or issues reported
- Developing, generating, and delivering complex reports and dashboards using Workday to support HR and business needs
- Analyze, design, and develop advanced, Composite and Matrix reports using Workday Reporting functionality including Calculated fields, Report Writer, and Scheduling.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that don’t require escalation within defined service levels
- Document issue resolution in Incident tracking system (Zendesk)
- Assist in documenting knowledgebase articles for repeating issues and foundational information
- Assist in analyzing issues to understand trends
- Work closely with HRIT functional specialist on issues that need escalation to application SMEs
- Work with IT Service Desk, and GIS application support teams to gain necessary support on production issues
- Responsible for compliance with applicable departmental, Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or work experience equivalent; 1-3 years of experience with Workday Reporting and Analytics
- System support experience in Workday Human Capital Management system, including employee and manager self-service is preferred,
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication, user interaction and interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of HR processes and terminology especially Workday.
- Experience with BIRT and WD Docs preferred.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is
$71,300.00 – $142,700.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
IT Services & Solutions Delivery
CHR Corporate Human Resources
United States > Abbott Park : AP06B
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf