United States – Illinois – Abbott Park
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This is a hybrid position that works out of our Abbott Park, IL location in our CHR Corporate Human Resources division.
As a Sr Workday Technical Analyst, you will provide high quality Implementation and support for our Workday HR environment. You will interact with our customers to implement new functionalities, deliver enhancements to existing objects and help resolve customer issues within Corporate HR systems and processes. You’re a great match if you enjoy delivering excellence, possess fantastic trouble-shooting skills and enjoy a challenge.
What You’ll Work On
- Collect and analyze business requirements and design, implement and customize business system and standard operating procedures accordingly.
- Design, develop and implement business intelligence solutions and computer systems to meet business requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Configure and validate HR Technology applications in SaaS Workday Cloud solution using functional system configurations, business process configurations and Enterprise Interface Builder web service tool.
- Talent /Performance Management and Learning/Development experience related to Workday system is desired.
- Functional Knowledge of various types of Workday Integrations and collaborate with Integration developers to implement new integrations and support existing integrations.
- Configure and perform performance tuning, optimization and testing of business processes and building reports.
- Knowledge on Workday Security to collaborate with Security team for Implementing/Supporting Security in TM Modules.
- Perform Data Analysis and provide data to business owners using existing Workday custom reports/new adhoc custom reports.
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners, subject matter experts and end users.
- Work on complex service-oriented architecture design and implementation for various business operations
- Develop plans for system operations and technical procedures for cost-effectiveness and clarify program objectives using optimization analysis.
- Basic knowledge of SSO, AD to collaborate with those teams while onboarding new third-party applications.
- Analyze Workday release notes as part of Bi-Annual releases, perform impact analysis and recommend new features for future implementations.
- Assist with global HR system projects.
- Conduct gap/root cause analysis to find gaps & recommend alternatives to streamline process flows.
- Document issue resolution in Incident tracking system (Zendesk and ServiceNow)
- Work closely with the project team to track issues through to resolution and resolve queries.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science
- 5+ years of Workday application development and support experience
- Strong Impact Analysis skills to find impact of different cross stream projects on Talent Management related configuration, reports and Integrations.
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication, user interaction & interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment
- System Implementation and support experience in Workday Human Capital Management, Talent Management, Integrations and Reports.
- Solid understanding of HR business processes and security model in ERP – especially in Workday system
- Solid understanding to assess and design ERP internal controls.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The salary for this role is between:
IT Services & Solutions Delivery
CHR Corporate Human Resources
United States > Abbott Park : AP06B
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf