United States – Illinois – Abbott Park
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Abbott Park, IL location in the CHR Corporate Human Resources division. This is an onsite position.
The Workday Associate Architect will be a member of Abbott HRTS group supporting global Payroll, Time Tracking and Absence team. This position will provide subject matter expertise in workshops/meetings for problem definition, as-is and to-be process modeling, problem solving, and opportunity analysis, while providing the necessary solutions. This position will also be responsible for providing input on project planning and administration, developing, and documenting business requirements, and delivering and testing implementation solutions. The incumbent must have an in-depth knowledge of Workday's various technologies and Abbott’s Implementation methodology to deliver successful deployments in Workday system.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Primary purpose is to support HRTS Vertical Leads in implementing the technology strategy and providing them with timely insights into the operational activities.
- Additionally, they are responsible for managing the day-to-day activities for the team to ensure work is completed and delivered on time.
- Build, Test, and Deploy solutions in Workday system to support Payroll, Time Tracking and Absence processes and upgrades.
- Design and document customer’s requirement to support system integrations and reports between Workday and 3rd party applications.
- Understand customer’s requirements and participate with project team on the most appropriate approach and desired outcomes.
- Coordinate assigned deliverable schedules to ensure customer’s timelines are met. Provide guidance to customers or service partners.
- Serve as liaison between technical and functional analysts
- Collaborate with various workstream architects within HRTS team in evaluating and designing the best technical solution to meet business needs.
- Understand and document the HR/Payroll business requirements and translate requirements into system designs
- Create, maintain, and execute UAT scripts including regression testing the new functionality before deployment
- Responsible for ensuring documentation of processes are complete, accurate and appropriate signatures are being requested for approval to execute.
- Partner with functional leads for troubleshooting issues and resolve the issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple requests
- Actively participate in the Workday Community, training, and regional user groups to ensure awareness of current trends and innovation
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Applies and executes standard information systems theories, concepts and techniques and assists in the development of standards and procedures. Investigates alternatives, which use existing applications and makes recommendations.
- Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by management. Conducts training.
- Manages projects according to milestones and within budget constraints. Identifies and implements process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Computer Science, Business Administration or in a highly related field of study. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of years of related experience
- Experience with Workday modules – Payroll, Time Tracking and Absence
- Experience with US Payroll
- Workday certification/training is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is
$72,700.00 – $145,300.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
IT Services & Solutions Delivery
CHR Corporate Human Resources
United States > Abbott Park : AP06B
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf