We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.
ACRT Services, Inc.
About The Team
ACRT Services offers expert independent consulting solutions to utilities and associated organizations throughout the United States, including vegetation management consulting, arborist training, customized safety courses, technology solutions, utility metering services, and more. At ACRT Services, our organizational culture is built on four strategic pillars including the people and the amazing things they can accomplish, dedication and the success it brings over the long term, process and the benefits of a job done right and education and the difference it can mean in the lives of those we touch.
About the Role
The Financial Analyst will be an individual contributor that is a vital team member of the CFO organization, partnering with multiple departments in a fast-paced environment while concentrating on building relationships. The candidate will be part of a team that leads the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process, month-end analysis and reporting, financial integration of acquisitions and management of financial systems. Additionally, this role will perform financial analysis and provide decision support to assist management with driving increased performance, achieving business objectives, and ensuring financial success.
The position will be responsible for supporting the FP&A Manager to prepare financial reporting information for Executives. Another significant portion of time will be spent troubleshooting and updating existing financial systems.
What You’ll Do
- Budgeting, Forecasting, & Analyzing
- Act as a liaison for the overall budget/forecast process
- Perform a variety of analyses to determine present and projected financials
- Support the business units and cost center managers through annual and quarterly process
- Complete ad hoc requests as necessary from departmental leads which may include budget vs. actuals performance and operational optimization
- System Maintenance & Improvement
- Assist in the maintenance and continued development of the Workday Financial Module.
- Aid in the bi-annual Workday release and report library.
- Complete project request in Workday for new roles, phases, hierarchies, etc.
- Manage the creation of new cost centers and revenue categories while ensuring communications with other stakeholders (i.e., Accounting, Operations and HR).
- Act as a liaison to Accounting to ensure accuracy to Company reporting.
- Maintain the Adaptive Insights budgeting system.
- Proactively make improvements, document process and work with external consultants to solve problems beyond the team’s ability.
- Financial Reporting
- Support the department in providing monthly actual and budget/forecast reporting to leadership within the Company, specifically the Financial Performance Report.
- Research variances and communicate with stakeholders as issues or improvements may be found.
- Maintain and develop as needed Workday and Adaptive Insights reports.
- Continuous Improvement Projects
- Work to determine areas of opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Provide accurate and timely financial analysis on potential acquisitions.
- Work with underperforming areas of the Company to provide solutions and analytics around profitability.
- Assist with the annual ESOP valuation by providing due diligence items and aiding the team in modeling the 5-year forecast.
- Aid in the development of KPI’s for decision support.
- Support Finance Department
- Manipulate large and complex data for specific departments.
- Use financial modeling to simulate scenarios.
- Communicating results and making recommendations to senior management.
- Shorten/improve existing processes in and outside of daily duties.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field
- Experience: 3 or more years of Finance or Treasury experience with ERP financial systems
Nice to haves:
- Education: Master’s degree in Finance or a related field
- Experience: 5 or more years of experience in a Finance related department. Also, 1 or more years of experience in Workday Financials or Workday Adaptive Insights is a plus
- Knowledge in data querying, reporting, forecasting, analysis, and modeling
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task and work independently as well as a team
- Focus on quality management, problem solving, and process improvement with a passion to learn
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable interacting with senior management
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact Workday
Health and Safety
- Group health plans including medical/prescription, dental, vision and a variety of other coverage options
- Company paid group life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, short and long term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts or an option for a Health Saving Account with company match
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for all employees and eligible family members
- Automatic enrollment in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) at no cost
- Roth or Traditional 401(k) Retirement plan with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays including the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve
- Veterans Day paid time off for our veterans
- Company paid cellphone or mobile allowance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- We believe in being comfortable at work. ACRT Services has a business casual dress environment that allows you to wear jeans!
Where We Work
At ACRT Services we prefer in-person employee interaction and we rely on collaboration among groups to be successful and agile, which means we expect work in the office to continue as an important part of our company culture and a key to employee success. This position is a remote hybrid role, meaning employees will be required to come into the Stow, Ohio office on a weekly or as needed basis.
Standard office equipment will be provided to work in the office and at home – a dedicated space at home to work is also required. Uninterrupted home-based internet is a must in your home to attend and host video calls, along with a minimum bandwidth speed of 20 mbps. If you do not have an in home office space or cannot meet the internet needs, an office space will be provided for you in the company’s Stow, Ohio office.
This role is not open to candidates located in Toledo, OH or Cincinnati, OH.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)