JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The IT Product Manager plays a critical role working closely with the business and across the Information Technology organization defining, delivering and supporting IT business solutions and supporting roadmaps. In summary, this position provides cost effective business systems and applications analysis in support of the development and implementation of business applications; includes evaluation, analysis, documentation of requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications and configuration; formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems, applications and industry requirements. Operates as a liaison between technical personnel and the appropriate end-user department. Evaluates and translates end user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate. Understands the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support any future business needs. Instructs end users new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing systems.
The Workday Functional position will be responsible for building and supporting Workday Functional Configurations & Business Processes. The successful candidate should be experienced in designing, building, & testing functional configurations in a large, complex enterprise organization. The candidate must possess strong analytical skills, and HR business functional knowledge (e.g. HCM, Talent Management, Recruiting, Performance Management, etc.) and should be able to co-ordinate with internal stakeholders and external vendors. The candidate will be a disciplined self-starter working well with business leaders, HR analysts, field Team Members, operations teams, vendors, and internal I.T. In addition, this candidate will need to understand how to drive value out of the Workday platform by building efficient configurations, optimize existing business processes, with the intent to create a frictionless experience for our Team Members.
- Serve as the HRIS partner supporting HCM areas in Workday, primarily Talent Management module with knowledge on Skills Cloud, Succession Planning, Performance Management etc.
- Serve as the Functional Expert supporting other HCM areas in Workday, such as Recruiting, Core Compensation, Core HCM, etc.
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to HR Business Partners and HR COEs in service delivery
- Analyze and translate business requirements and change requests into functional specifications
- Design and maintain system configuration, including Supervisory Organization, Custom Organizations, Location,
- Maintain master data values in Workday (ex: Job Profile, Job Family, Job Group, Roles, Custom Organization Types, Positions, Locations)
- Demonstrate configurations through prototyping.
- Understand Workday’s Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements
- Test, validate and implement Business Process changes in Workday
- Work in order to meet expected business performance goals by providing full range of customer service
- Provide input to Workday Delivery Lead, Workday Team Members, and stakeholders as appropriate
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen
- Other projects and duties as may be required by business needs and requirements
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES
- Workday Core HCM/Recruiting experience or certifications is a huge plus.
- HR functional experience preferred
- Understanding of HR operations and experience in employee data management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with HR partners, field Team Members, and IT clients
- Ability to accurately collect information in order to understand and assess the stakeholder’s needs and situation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and provide timely follow-up and resolution
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge on Workday – Talent and Performance module
- 6-9+ years of experience configuring HR cloud platforms (i.e.: SuccessFactors, Workday, etc.)
- 2-3+ years working with Workday Functional Configurations (i.e.: HCM, Talent Management, Recruiting, etc.).
California Residents click below for Privacy Notice: