Founded in 1957, AGF Management Limited is an independent and globally diverse asset management firm. AGF brings a disciplined approach to delivering excellence in investment management through its fundamental, quantitative, private capital, and high-net-worth businesses. Our suite of diverse investment solutions extends globally to a wide range of clients, from individual investors and financial advisors to institutions, including pension plans, corporate plans, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations. Our commitment to the principles of good stewardship and responsible investment is a positive differentiator for AGF. We believe integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues into our investment decision-making and ownership practices across platforms will help deliver better investment outcomes to our clients.
About the Role:
Our Accounting team has an exciting career opportunity for you in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Accounting, you will work as part of a dynamic team and will have exposure to the consolidated financial statement preparation and variance analysis. We are seeking a team-oriented individual who has a focused, detail-oriented approach to completing tasks and is inquisitive and thoughtful.
- Prepare annual and quarterly consolidated financial statement and MD&A
- Prepare various quarterly and annual board materials, including press releases, and ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Prepare schedules used to support the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Accountable for development and maintenance of various financial reports
- Responsible for month end close processes including journal entries, reconciliations and supporting documentation
- Responsible for AGF Private Capital, including review of monthly activity, memo preparation, quarterly meeting.
- Responsible for monthly Mutual Fund management fee analytic, including variance analysis and journal entry recording
- Preparation of accounting policy memos and assist in accounting research as required
- Assist with year-end, interim and quarterly reviews, including preparing schedules, analytics and working papers for auditors
- Provide support in forecasting and budgeting process, including communicating with business partners and understanding and identify business trends
- Provide support in year-end taxation request, including maintaining transfer pricing workbook
- Respond to ad hoc requests as required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of accounting experience
- In the final stages of completing an accounting designation or already obtained
- Experience with Workday Financial and/or Adaptive Planning would be advantageous
- Experience with development of financial reports
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A focused, detail-oriented approach to completing tasks with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
AGF is an equal opportunity employer. AGF welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. AGF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable legislation.