Singapore, SG-AIA Singapore
At AIA we’ve started an exciting movement to create a healthier, more sustainable future for everyone.
It’s about finding new ways to not only better people's lives, but to better the communities and environments we live in. Encompassing our ambition of helping a billion people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives by 2030.
And to get there, we need ambitious people who believe in playing an important part in shaping that future. People seeking unmatched career and personal growth opportunities, who are driven to work with, and learn from some of the most inspiring and supportive leaders in the business.
Sound like you? Then read on.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity awaits for a Payroll & Tax Analyst to join our People Advisory Team. Reporting to the Head, Rewards & People Advisory, the role will support day-to-day payroll operations, regulatory surveys/reporting, tax reporting & compliance activities and process improvement.
Payroll and Process Improvement:
- Work with outsourced payroll vendor, ensure accurate and timely interpretation and data integration to payroll systems, as well as payment-related calculations for payroll accuracy. Process statutory payments and deductions.
- Deliver excellent employee payroll experience through accurate payroll processing, reporting within agreed SLAs/KPIs
- Submit monthly payroll data for approvals, generate payroll related reports and finance journal entries
- Computation of final payments during exit processes
- Manage employee payroll queries
- Ensure audit requirements are met both internally and externally
- Provide information for surveys, adhoc reports requests internally and from Group Office.
- Lead payroll projects / process improvement initiatives when required.
- Handle & review IR21 of employees
- Review Year End Tax Forms (IR8E, A8A, A8B, IR8S) of employees, oversee and ensure that payroll vendor submits accurate tax forms to the tax authority
- Monitor and Manage the Directive to Pay/Notice of Assessment
- Coordinate with employees/HRBPs/tax vendors & local tax authorities to resolve tax issues
- Coordinate with relevant parties to settle taxes borne due to shares
- Ensure Tax Payment is done accordingly and on time and raise the applicable journal for the payment
- Attend to adhoc tax Inquiries
- Expat/International Assignee Tax Management
- Filing and maintaining tax records
- Monthly maintenance i.e. ensure salary withholding.
- Review the payroll and tax process to ensure adherence to policies/guidelines and audits.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in payroll and tax principles, practices and procedures.
- Analytical with high attention to detail. Passionate in improving payroll and tax processes for increased operational efficiency.
- Able to manage confidential and sensitive data appropriately.
- Mature, responsible, self-driven and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge on Workday system is preferred.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.