Charlotte NC USA
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle seeks a talented Business Process Master Data Steward to join its Master Data Management team within Global Business Services. This position works within a Master Data team that is geographically dispersed and collaborates with Data Partners to build and operate sustainable processes and services to deliver trusted quality Master Data fit for business processes and reporting. We are a global operation with regional presence and seek to care and sustain the Customer, Vendor, Material, and Finance Master Data for which we are responsible in systems including SAP, Salesforce.com, and Workday.
The Business Process Master Data Steward I assists with the continuous monitoring and improvement of data management processes to ensure trusted data across various master data domains to the Albemarle enterprise. This role reports to the Master Data Governance Manager within the Global Business Services organization and is governed by policies and frameworks established by Albemarle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Combine knowledge of master data standards with routine SAP queries and Information Steward data quality reports to identify and remediate non-compliant data to drive measured improvement in domain data quality metrics
- Manage and process special data requests including mass creations, mass changes, deactivations
- Developing expert for the techniques, operation and process know how involved to support team operation
- Assist the Master Data Operations Team and user community with follow up and response to data and process inquiries
- Support the preparation and ongoing update of Master Data process documentation of Workday system
- Identify and report issues detected in SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) process of assigned domain in the Service Now Incident solution; Provide supporting documentation and information to assist technical partners to investigate and resolve; Perform user acceptance testing in quality environment to validate solution for approval to promote to production
- Team member for Master Data projects and initiatives, including Upgrades and user acceptance testing
- Embody Albemarle’s Core Values of Care, Curiosity, Courage, Collaboration, Humility, Integrity, and Transparency in daily work and interactions within and beyond our team
- Contribute to any other tasks delegated by the Master Data Governance Manager
Additional Skills, Capabilities and Experience
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow-through to resolve any outstanding issues
- Ability to analyze information and make deductions based on information.
- Persistence to drive to solutions despite obstacles and/or competing priorities
- Team player with a customer service mindset
- Listens to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions
- Interact comfortably and effectively with Team, IT, and other business partners
- Build and maintain effective working relationships
- Data driven to address partner and customer needs
- General understanding of business processes supported by various master data domains (Customer, Material, Vendor, Finance)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with an ERP system, preferably SAP
- SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) experience (a plus)
- Workday experience (a plus)
College or University degree
Prior Master Data Operations or Master Data Management experience a plus
1-2 years of experience in Master Data, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or IT
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.