Charlotte NC USA
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The HRIT Project Manager oversees multiple HR related IT projects to ensure that the desired results are achieved on time and within budget, the most efficient resources are used, and the different interests involved are satisfied. Project managers ensure that the projects are completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and delivered. They work closely with senior IT and user management to ensure that the projects requirements and resources are effectively forecasted, prioritized, and met. They have thorough knowledge of hardware, software, data communications, and business applications areas. They also supervise teams who concentrate on specific technical or functional activities within defined project scope.
- Principal work is managing varied complex types of HR IT projects within a program structure.
- Experience delivering Workday implementations as Project Manager
- Strong familiarity with various HR groups (Total Rewards, Payroll, Organizational Effectiveness, DEI)
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that multiple projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop scope, objectives, and a detailed project plan to track progress of multiple projects.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage definition of, and changes to, the multiple project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Measure multiple project’s performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize the multiple project’s risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation on each of the projects.
- Have familiarity with a wide range of technical and business concepts.
Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Existing and up to date Workday Certification in HCM and/or PM
- PMP certification desired
Knowledge & Experience
- 5-10 years direct work experience in an IT project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- 3+ years of experience delivering Workday implementations as Project Manager
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project Professional, MS Project Online, and SAP PPM
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Technically competent with various software, such as MS Office 365, MS Project Professional, MS Project Online.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, -oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Strong Customer service skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.