Remote Home Office
With the release of Workday Student, Higher Education is quickly becoming the hottest market in the Workday ecosystem. Alchemy is the only Workday partner that is 100% focused on Higher Education projects and holds the largest number of successful Workday deployments in the space. We are highly regarded as Workday’s Premier Higher Education Partner, and we proudly celebrate this achievement.
Alchemy was born when Workday alumni Mike Duffield and Bill Wilson merged their knowledge of the up-and-coming Higher Education market with their passion for people development and advancement. At Alchemy, we believe that success begins with people, and we’ve made it our mission to hire individuals with great potential and to provide them with the tools and resources needed to build rewarding Workday consulting careers.
Read more about Alchemy’s values here: https://alchemy.us/about/.
The Finance Team
We are finance professionals who love what we do and support the business both strategically and with operational excellence. Our team has a strong influence on how we can grow our company by providing valuable financial insights. We are committed to working hard, having fun, and making an impact!
Alchemy is seeking a finance professional to join the Corporate Finance Team, supporting the Corporate and Professional Services teams. This Finance Manager will enable data-driven decisions by providing financial and operational analytics, benchmarks, insights, and recommendations. The ideal candidate can balance strong business partnerships with analytical thinking and modeling. This person is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, a great communicator, and enjoys collaborating. This is an individual contributor role that reports to the Director of Finance.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure detailed project forecasts are accurate and timely, recommending profitability improvements for Alchemy’s services engagements.
- Professionally present monthly and quarterly financial packages, providing qualitative financial analysis around key performance indicators and project profitability.
- Budgeting and forecasting – Build annual and long-term financial plans. Drive monthly/quarterly revenue and headcount forecast, ensuring accurate projections, appropriate level of reporting, analysis, and communication.
- Business partnering – Collaborate with leaders to provide the visibility they need to make key business decisions.
- Business performance reporting – Develop & communicate enhanced insights on business performance including project financials.
- Perform detailed margin analysis and provide summarized information.
- Monitor Professional Services resource utilization against targets within the projects tool, Workday Professional Services Automation (PSA), and assist management with data-driven staffing and resourcing decisions.
- Monitor the Professional Services team’s input into the PSA, ensuring data compliance.
- Monitor hourly consultant forecasts, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variances and working to help resolve issues.
- Business processes – Become acquainted with business processes and highlight opportunities for automation and process improvement with cross-functional teams. Create process documentation to support synchrony across the organization.
- Financial close – Liaise with Corporate Accounting to ensure correct accounting treatment of transactional activities.
- Ensure consistency and reliability of Workday PSA reports and Services dashboards, implement controls and processes where needed.
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses and root cause investigations.
- Other responsibilities as needed by the organization.
About You (Required Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 7 years related FP&A / Operational / Strategic Finance experience.
- Strong critical thinking skills. Able to apply a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to new systems and situations.
- 7+ years of financial planning and analysis, modeling, forecasting, and budgeting in a high-growth environment.
- Ability to navigate systems for analysis and reporting.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and collaboration skills — nothing falls through the cracks; you over-communicate and excel working as part of a team.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and strong financial acumen.
About You (Bonus Skills)
- Software experience: Workday Financials & PSA, Smartsheets, Salesforce, or Adaptive Planning.
- MBA or CPA.
For You (What We Offer)
- Market competitive compensation packages and annual merit program.
- A remote work environment.
- One time home office reimbursement for new hires.
- Expense allowance per pay period (towards technology, office and/or wellness).
- Investment in your ongoing Workday training.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits that begin on day one.
- HSA, FSA, STD, LTD, and life benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and unlimited sick days. We want you to take care of yourself and those who matter most to you.
- Ten (10) paid holidays.
- 401(k) with employer annual contribution.
- Paid parental leave.
- Social Impact Committee.
- Quarterly awards and recognition.
- Award-winning culture – Alchemy is a Great Place to Work-certified company!