Remote Home Office
With the release of Workday Student, Higher Education is quickly becoming the hottest market in the Workday ecosystem. Alchemy is the only Workday partner that is 100% focused on Higher Education projects and holds the largest number of successful Workday deployments in the space. We are highly regarded as Workday’s Premier Higher Education Partner, and we proudly celebrate this achievement.
Alchemy was born when Workday alumni Mike Duffield and Bill Wilson merged their knowledge of the up-and-coming Higher Education market with their passion for people development and advancement. At Alchemy, we believe that success begins with people, and we’ve made it our mission to hire individuals with great potential and to provide them with the tools and resources needed to build rewarding Workday consulting careers.
Read more about Alchemy’s values here: https://alchemy.us/about/.
As a Workday Principal Architect – HCM, your primary focus will be the sales cycle. You will leverage your deep expertise across the HCM workstreams to help prospective Higher Education customers understand the value in Workday’s full product suite and Alchemy’s best-in-class approach to deployments. Additionally, you will have opportunities to architect many of the deals you help to close, provide guidance and mentorship on other projects, and contribute to methodology work.
- Develop compelling tenant solutions that demonstrate the value of Workday’s HCM product suite with the ability to speak cross-functionally to Workday Financials and Workday Payroll.
- Maintain operations surrounding these products for the Higher Education space.
- Provide end-to-end solution and design details during the sales process.
- Support the proposal process, which may include providing quality assurance for respective service areas through delivery of the project.
- Accurately estimate effort and resources required to complete projects.
- Architect and/or provide support to deployments in partnership with functional leads.
- Promote best practice knowledge sharing across practices.
- Stay up to date with current and projected industry trends.
- Present at trade shows and conferences.
- Mentor and guide junior colleagues.
About You (Required Skills)
- Workday HCM subject matter expert within the higher education space.
- Significant end-to-end Workday HCM implementation experience, and the ability to recognize and problem solve for downstream impacts within Workday Financials and Workday Payroll.
- Strong preference for active Workday HCM partner certifications. Will consider recertifying an individual that meets most other qualifications.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to identify and analyze areas of risk and develop plans to minimize.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong storytelling capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% (While up to 20% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
About You (Desired Skills)
- Presales or solution architecture experience.
- Cross-functional experience or certifications in Workday Financials and/or Workday Payroll.
For You (What We Offer)
- Market competitive compensation packages and annual merit program.
- A remote work environment.
- One time home office reimbursement for new hires.
- Expense allowance per pay period (towards technology, office and/or wellness).
- Investment in your ongoing Workday training.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits that begin on day one.
- HSA, FSA, STD, LTD, and life benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and unlimited sick days. We want you to take care of yourself and those who matter most to you.
- Ten (10) paid holidays.
- 401(k) with employer annual contribution.
- Paid parental leave.
- Social Impact Committee.
- Quarterly awards and recognition.
- Award-winning culture – Alchemy is a Great Place to Work-certified company!