ES-Madrid-Edificio América II
ES-Granada-C/ Arabial, 19
At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
Champion People – be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.
Grow with purpose – Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.
Be Alight – act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com. #LI-Remote
Alight's Advisory team is dedicated to supporting our customers on their HR & Payroll Transformation journeys. We help customers to achieve successful HR & Payroll Transformations by advising them on different aspects of the implementation and adoption of HR technology (particularly HR and Payroll Cloud systems) and how that triggers several other dimensions of their transformation. For example, we help them align and transform their business processes and organization structure to the demands of new technology and new service models, and we provide them with the right change management advice to ensure adoption and a positive employee experience. We focus on value, and support our clients with data, enabling decisions on their side and eventually demonstrating the realization of the expected value for their HR Transformation journeys.
In this role, you will be at the forefront of a team of consultants, accompanying our clients, side by side, and advising them to make the right decisions and implement the necessary actions for a successful HR & Payroll Transformation. You will be the go-to person from a client perspective, as they go through their HR & Payroll Transformation journeys. Your success will be linked to how our clients successfully overcome challenges with our help, and how we leverage our expertise and offerings to support them in the process.
We are looking for a senior professional, with extensive experience as HR Director/HR Transformation Lead (or a similar role leading HR and/or Payroll transformations in large organizations). The candidate needs to have strong knowledge and experience of HR & Payroll processes and be able to map and identify key areas to be transformed and how to bring the organization to the new (To-Be) HR & Payroll operating model.
The Advisory HR Transformation Lead key responsibilities include:
- Lead the advisory support to our clients. Partner with client and lead the strategy to deliver advisory support for large advisory client engagements. Define the right delivery framework to provide the client with good advisory services throughout their transformation journey.
- Transform HR & Payroll Operating Model. Be able to analyze and clearly map the “As Is” situation of an HR & Payroll Operating Model in a large organization. Have the capacity to design the “To-Be” scenario and the knowledge to help our clients transition from the “As Is” to the “To Be”.
- Manage and execute advisory plans for our clients. Lead the advisory project plan. Manage and execute project plan activities and deliverables and identify the appropriate resource needs to deliver the project with quality and as agreed with the client. Provides solutions regarding project risks and actively follows up accordingly.
- Data Analysis and decision enabling support. Perform or support the performance of data analysis to help clients make decisions in their HR Transformation journeys. Focuses on value and helps client on their value realization path.
- Change Management: Lead the development of a change management strategy, including communication strategies and plans, and development and delivery of training strategies and plans where appropriate. Ensures the client’s organization adopts the new technologies and new ways of working and enables a positive employee experience.
- Build relationships. Build credible relationships with senior representatives of our clients and internally (within Alight). Lead collaboration and partnership both externally and internally and foster a teamwork environment.
- Serve as a trusted advisor. Support clients on navigating change using his/her own expertise and experience, and leveraging available resources, such as research data, benchmarks and Alight’s common pool of knowledge and expertise in HR & Payroll topics.
- Identify improvement opportunities and support business development. During active engagements, identify additional opportunities to support clients with Alight’s technology and services, generating new opportunities for upselling. Also, identify opportunities for Alight to improve existing services and offerings to better address market needs.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience related to HR/Payroll processes and technology, Change Management and/or business transformation.
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud HR technology (Workday, Successfactors, Oracle)
- 8+ years of experience in a consulting environment or comparable client-facing role
- Strategic communications consulting experience
- Change management experience directly related to cloud-based technology adoption and employee experience
- Project Management experience, 10+ years leading projects (particularly advisory type of projects)
Knowledge, Education, Certification, Skills & Technical Proficiencies
- Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Engineering or relevant field of study.
- Strong knowledge of HR and Payroll processes and technology – at least 10 years of experience in the world of HR/Payroll transformations
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills (i.e., presentation, facilitation, prioritization).
- Ability to establish relationships with clients, on the basis of trust and partnership.
- Analytical mind, with a facility to identify areas of improvement, root causes and come up with good solutions.
- Ability to explain solutions to complex problems in a way clients can understand without necessarily having deep technical expertise.
- Excellent Project Management skills – PM certification is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex cultural, behavioral, role and/or process changes clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to remain flexible, quickly learn and adapt.
- Motivated self-starter with strong time management skills
- Aptitude to work collaboratively in an ambiguous environment, diligently applying team standards in day-to-day work
- Strong skills in MS Office applications, primarily: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Certifications in HR/Payroll topics or technology (e.g. SAP/Workday certifications) are highly desirable
- Certifications such as Prosci, SHRM or ASTD are a plus
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and “Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs” 5 years in a row.
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet and life because it’s important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.