At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
The Leave of Absence Payroll Analyst is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and oversight for assigned functional areas of leave of absence l delivery for employees. The successful candidate must possess an overall understanding of Workday process flows from the point of data capture through gross-to-net calculation to include processing complex payments, and calculating workups for overpayments and retroactive pay.
- Works with third-party providers (both Alight partners and client partners) to ensure seamless process delivery.
- Identifies and researches issues/system defects (with/without guidance) and formulates resolutions/recommendations by analyzing fact patterns and applying/following SOPs and best practices.
- Helps identify and implement ideas for improving the domain specific processes and methodologies
- Provides resolution in accordance with due dates and documents/maintains SOP documentation and processes. Escalates issues/client noncompliance of processes/procedures as appropriate.
- Responsible for daily execution/processing for aligned domain. Adheres to internal and external audit requirements for specific clients.
- Oversees data processing, using SOP/guidelines, to ensure updates are accurately captured.
- Responsible for peer review audits of manual work and providing necessary feedback.
- Identifies potential service delivery issues and provides input towards process improvement.
- Develop and deliver training material and documentation for global support in the ongoing environment.
- Works with team members to communicate with client and/or other domains on issues.
- Generates ad hoc reports by running and or writing queries and analyze for accuracy.
- Conducts/supports acceptance testing of ongoing processes as required (at live date and as changes are made).
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where established practices, procedures and precedents guide the work.
- Able to follow procedures and investigate issues in order to solve problems.
- May work on more complex assignments that require review.
- Decisions are based on acquired skills and knowledge as opposed to applying discretion and judgment.
- Due to different situations encountered, Incumbent has latitude to consider which procedure to use.
- Incumbent typically carries out own research in order to make recommendations.
- May have extensive interaction with internal and external clients to identify, research and resolve problems
- Receives general instructions and follows defined procedures,
- Manages daily work within established guidelines and receives general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in a business context preferred) or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1+ years of work experience in payroll analysis and research of payroll inquiries
- Possesses strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Solid experience with client communications required.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications like Excel and Word.
- Knowledge and understanding of query tools.
- Experience working within a client administrative environment.
- Ability to navigate and learn multiple systems
- Basic understanding of HR regulatory and legislative guidelines desired.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding and exposure in executing on project methodology.
- Skilled with working in an environment with a solid understanding of client requirements and how to provide advice and counsel.
- Skilled at working within a Workflow Management Tool and related reports desired.
- Knowledge of Workday payroll, or similar ERP system.
- Work with global and offshore resources may require flexible hours.
- Daily contact with clients-whether directly aligned to project work or for developing the client relationship.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the United States
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.