IN-MH-Navi Mumbai-Vishwaroop IT Park-10th Floor-Alight
Primarily responsible for ensuring timely and quality execution of client deliverables and consulting with clients on Workday projects. Possesses a broad understanding of cross functional touchpoints and their impacts within the Workday system to effectively develop solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains or clients. Consults without supervision on complex projects, and/or lead Medium Enterprise or Large Enterprise projects depending on domain area(s) specialty. Participates in client sales meetings as Subject Matter Expert. Is excellent at people management and leading teams.
- Independently consults with external clients and participates in all stages of the Workday project lifecycle, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment for Workday HCM and/or Financials application by developing solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains or clients.
- Effectively leads small to large client deliverables from start to finish across multiple, concurrent projects utilizing Alight’s quality standards and consulting methodology.
- Integrates with other areas across Alight and functions to provide a complete solution.
- Consults on impact of decisions to operating post-implementation and downstream systems.
- Manages self and team member(s) work to project scope, timeline, risk and budget. Coordinates with others when applicable.
- Listens to client request, assesses actual client need, provides subjective matter expertise, proposes alternatives, and recommends solution(s). Depending on scope of project, may coach team members to execute same.
- Frequently discusses, and can articulate to clients, lessons learned from previous client experience, Workday best practices as well as Alight’s Point of View. Depending on scope of project, may coach team members to execute same.
- Manages client expectations.
- Proactively identifies trouble spots for client and recommends solutions.
- Significantly contributes to the development of internal resources via mentoring, coaching, and directing work.
- Participates in and may lead internal business initiatives to assist the organization in building our Alight brand and collateral, including but not limited to internal domain groups, chats and training.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and champions project methodology and Alight best practices.
- Participates in building the Alight Brand by participating in Workday ecosystem product groups/chats and contributes advanced thinking and sharing of ideas within the ecosystem.
- Becomes an expert in the Workday product suite with a broad-based knowledge of human capital management or financials, while also being able to architect solutions within specific area(s)
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert in functional/technical area.
- Develops working relationships with other members of project team and management as well as external clients. Shares knowledge and information through regular communications and facilitation.
- Uses strong presentation, communication, listening and consultative skills to guide and drive discussions.
- Participates in client sales meetings, assisting with collateral creation where needed.
- Creates work estimates and solutions for small to large bodies of work.
- Additional area specific duties and responsibilities:
- Manages a team(s) responsible for ensuring timely execution of ongoing client deliverables and consulting with clients on services for a small to medium client.
- Provides a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday projects
- Directs the work of others aligned to the client to meet client and deal model needs
- Manages team to forecast
- Oversees overall team delivery, ensuring on time and quality delivery
- Ensures team follows documented processes
- Ability to craft a long-term vision for teams growth and development
- Has the ability and is driven to manage a mix of independent delivery and team management
Knowledge, Education, Certification, Skills & Technical Proficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical, business, or financial discipline
- Workday certification at the time of hire as well as on-going successful re-certification is a requirement of the role
- Proven consultative skills to guide client and internal discussions to agreement of solutions in a timely manner
- Experience implementing complex, practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Ability to be effectively and actively engage on multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to prioritize and organize increasingly complex work to ensure overall timeliness and quality standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Proven experience working creatively and analytically in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Exhibits problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting issues and escalates as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including clear articulation of complex messages and requirements
- Experienced in managing large diverse teams
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and client satisfaction
- Proven experience demonstrating initiative and curiosity to build skills in other areas by leveraging available trainings and Workday documentation
- 4-5 years relevant work experience required
- 15 + years of overall experience
- Workday experience will be preferred
- Previous consulting experience preferred either as an internal consultant or with a consulting / software organization in another ERP application (e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Experience defining global HR business and systems strategy, developing system requirements, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Deep knowledge of specific domain(s).
- Preferred areas include:
- Core HCM/Comp, Payroll, Recruiting, Core/Advanced Comp, Talent, Time Tracking, Absence, Learning, Benefits
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.