DO NOT USE US-TX-The Woodlands-Building #3
At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com.
The Workday Associate Manager is responsible for working with analysts and consultants focused in the areas of Integrations and to maintain customer engagement for large and complex Alight Workday customers. The Workday Associate Manager will directly oversee the activities of a team made up of Analysts and Consultants who support module-specific areas of expertise. They are key players in ensuring that their employees have the tools that they need in order to serve our clients best and are instrumental in keeping the team motivated.
- Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the client, from ongoing support, client and internal consulting on solutions, requirements definition gathering to project planning and implementation.
- A major part of this position is to provide a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday project work.
- This person is also responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations from an integration perspective including resource planning and delivery of client and internal requests.
- Manage and guide a team of individuals as well as to take on a lead role within any project in which they may serve as an active participant OR
- Become the lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a particular functional or technical area of Workday. In this role, they will provide thought leadership in the area both within Alight and the broader Workday ecosystem.
- Provide Integration technology leadership to clients and direct resources day to day support of clients and team members (onsite and offshore).
- Support team member development by providing the appropriate combination of direction, and support or education based on the goal or task.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting of resources week over week and utilization.
- Successfully facilitate work and promote team unity in a virtual environment.
- Provides on-call support for escalated issues where necessary.
- Understands other Alight Solutions and technologies and how they interact with Workday, i.e. EFTs, Move IT, TBA, Portal, etc.
- Leads design and review sessions/workshops with technical and functional resources at all levels, including members of management.
- Understands the scope and details of project plan; communicate the need for resources for tasks or assigned areas of responsibility.
- Monitors and manages prioritization and progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to leadership on project issues.
- Establishes and maintains client relationships; communicates client feedback to leadership as appropriate.
- Suggests, implements and owns improvements and proactively addresses issues.
- Understands quality standards for own work and monitors and manages work of team members, providing feedback as appropriate.
- Expect to be able to manage a project team across the globe, ie US, Poland, India, etc.
- Primary point of contact/liaison for the AMS (application management services) Enablement Manager (aka account manager). Partners with AMS Enablement Manager on ROMs, CR estimates (customer work orders) and project status.
- Escalation point for Service 1/Service 2 related issues. Ensures escalation and communication protocols are followed for critical integration failures or delays.
- Ensure Workday Community alerts are reviewed for possible impacts to client integrations and communicates impact accordingly.
- Collaborates with configuration and other AMS leads to build the AMS community, understanding POVs (point of view), building talent/skills.
- Works with release manager to drive Workday release management process.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Able to develop conclusions from analyses and apply results to the organization’s business operations.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Utilizes domain subject matter experience to solve problems and influence design options.
- Possesses very advanced analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Uses knowledge to provide consultative advice internally and externally and recommendations within specific functional areas.
- Builds productive working relationships with peers and higher level professionals internally and externally to exchange information and make recommendations.
- Uses knowledge to provide consultative advice and recommendations within specific functional areas
Knowledge & Expertise of:
- 5 years of experience in one or more technologies.
- 3 years of experience in Workday Integrations developing EIBs, Core Connectors, Studio, Reports, etc.
- Previous program/project management experience required.
- Experience implementing/supporting Workday, Peoplesoft, Oracle, other SaaS based applications or similar is preferred.
- Previous development experience and understanding of the different phases of development life cycle expected.
- Previous analyst experience, technical or functional, expected.
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
- Familiarity or prior work experience with object oriented programming, API’s, XML rendering, XLT’s, webservices.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Workday Studio Certification preferred.
- Workday Report/Prism Certification preferred.
- Workday Integrations Certified required.
- Workday certification in Human Capital Management (HCM), Integrations and/or Prism is a requirement of the role.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent discipline.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Pay Transparency Statement: Alight takes into consideration a candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data, internal equity, and geography when determining an offer for a successful employment candidate, and Alight does so on an individualized, non-discriminatory basis. Therefore, an offer may fall anywhere between the estimated minimum base salary for this role of $90,200.00/year (for full time employees) and the estimated maximum base salary for this role of $223,200.00/year (for full time employees). In addition to a base salary, this position may be eligible for a bonus and/or other incentive plans. Alight also offers a comprehensive benefits package; for specific details on our benefits package, please visit: https://careers.alight.com/us/en/alight-us-benefits-2023
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.