At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Customer Experience & Delivery group within Alight Solutions.
This position supports Alight’s ongoing benefits administration within our Workday practice.
The Benefits Senior Analyst is responsible for leading their aligned client operations, being the first escalation point for queries and issues from their aligned clients and teams, including:
- Primarily responsible for leading client calls, maintaining open issues logs, managing client expectations, serving as a liaison between client, technical, and other internal and external teams, directing the work of aligned analysts, and providing day-to-day semi-routine client support, including but not limited to complex processing, researching data issues and providing resolutions, conducting audits and edit cleanup, generating ad hoc reports, and testing system processes
- Maintains Process Requirements and SOP documentation
- Leads/Manages Change Request requirements and process
- Ensures all client generated escalations, complaints and corrective actions are owned and proactively managed to closure within agreed deadlines
- Adheres to internal and external audit requirements for specific clients
- Serves as a key contact and SME for Operations teams with regards to Workday Expertise / Health & Welfare administration expertise
- Creates and provides ongoing training to support the rollout of new operations processes and documents
- Assists in the identification of additional income opportunities and liaising with project teams where these require technical or compliance input
- Reviews and contributes to standard stewardship report content
- Identifies potential process improvements and ensures rollout and compliance by team
- Acts as a role model by giving constructive feedback to colleagues to improve performance and support manager
- Builds strong relationships with client teams, client representatives, internal Alight teams and third-party providers
- Achieves team and individual targets (KPIs, SLAs, quality targets)
- Contributes to broader team goals and supports the rest of the team based on their needs (a buddy to less experienced colleagues and supporting more senior colleagues)
- 3 – 5 years of experience with Health and Welfare Benefits administration is required
- Knowledge of benefits business, including products and services, operations, and delivery
- Experience with a benefits outsourcing systems and application platform. Workday preferred
- Client management / client consulting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in coaching or supervising others
- Skilled with working in an environment with a solid understanding of client requirements and how to provide advice and counsel
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, virtual environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks
- Strong understanding and exposure in executing on project methodology
- Ability to identify and close gaps in processes and procedures within own domain
- Skilled at working within a Workflow Management Tool and related reports desired
- Foster relationships internally and externally
- Work with global and offshore resources may require flexible hours
- Daily contact with clients-whether directly aligned to project work or for developing the client relationship
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel
- Workday experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (in a business context preferred) or equivalent work experience
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state, or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans, and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices, and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Pay Transparency Statement: Alight takes into consideration a candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data, internal equity, and geography when determining an offer for a successful employment candidate, and Alight does so on an individualized, non-discriminatory basis. Therefore, an offer may fall anywhere between the estimated minimum base salary for this role of $55,800.00/year (for full time employees) and the estimated maximum base salary for this role of $138,000.00/year (for full-time employees). Alight also offers a comprehensive benefits package; for specific details on our benefits package, please visit: https://careers.alight.com/us/en/alight-us-benefits-2023
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.