US-IL-Lincolnshire-4OA Overlook Point
At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
As a Workday Consultant, a typical day to include the following:
- Actively participates in all phases of the Workday lifecycle, assisting clients with supporting and leveraging the Workday application.
- Performs principal consultant duties as the lead functional consultant on Workday projects, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution.
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Communicates effectively with team members and clients.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision.
- Executes assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Recognizes business process inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
- Performs research on problems, separating the symptoms from the actual cause, and identifies corrective measures. Seeks opinions and feedback on alternative solutions and implements those that have been agreed upon by the team or client.
- Completes his or her own assignments on time and with quality and suggests opportunities for quality and process improvements.
- Understands the value of a project plan, adheres to established processes and standards, monitors progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to appropriate team members as it relates to project issues.
- Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverables, facilitation of Workday knowledge sharing sessions, and regularly posting best practices and knowledge sharing information to team knowledge sites.
- Understands the importance of client satisfaction and applies it in the process of servicing the client. Communicates client feedback to senior team members. Understands and follows internal processes in responding to client needs.
- May provide guidance and instruction to other team members, and coaching to more junior team members.
- Develops estimates and high level scope and timing
- Answers all inquiries in a timely basis.
- Keeps requirements, design, process and other technical documentation current.
- Understands other Alight solutions and applications and how they interact with Workday.
Knowledge and Expertise of:
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on Workday HCM Configuration experience strongly preferred.
- 2 plus years previous experience implementing or supporting an ERP tool (with expertise in Workday strongly preferred).
- 2 years of hands-on HCM, benefits, recruiting, payroll, talent, advanced compensation, absence, or time tracking configuration required.
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
- Experience in transforming business requirements into complex system configurations.
- Must have strong analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to be effectively and actively engaged on multiple, parallel projects.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision.
- Demonstrates strong work ethics, setting an example for others.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Focused and detail oriented with the ability to work well independently and collaboratively with on-site and remote team members.
- This opportunity does not support sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Workday HCM certification strongly preferred.
- Workday HCM Services Core plus additional workday domain(s) certification is a requirement of the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical, business, human resources, math or any relevant field of study.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
New York Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Statement.Pay Transparency Statement in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the New York City pay transparency ordinance, and any other similar laws or ordinances:Alight takes into consideration a candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data, and internal equity when determining an offer for a successful employment candidate, and Alight does so on an individualized, non-discriminatory basis. Therefore, an offer may fall anywhere in between the estimated minimum base salary for this role of $69,100.00/year (for full time employees) and the estimated maximum base salary for this role of $132,400.00/year (for full time employees). In addition to a base salary, this position may be bonus eligible. Alight also offers a comprehensive benefits package; for specific details on our benefits package, please visit: https://bit.ly/Alight-Benefits-US22
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.