At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
Champion People – be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.
Grow with purpose – Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.
Be Alight – act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
As an EMEA Workday Financials Associate Consultant, we expect you to:
- Be responsible for delivering allocated work in all stages of the Workday project lifecycle, from planning and design phases through deployment, testing, go live and postproduction support and/or delivering allocated AMS work.
- Develop your area of expertise in the Workday product suite, specializing and having a deepening skill set within a particular area, i.e., within Spend (Accounts Payable), Revenue (Accounts Receivable), Accounting or across multiple areas
- Develop working relationships with other members of project team and management as well as client.
- Effectively and actively engaged on multiple, parallel projects.
- Guide other consultants within the project team.
- Share knowledge and information through regular communications and facilitation.
- 2+ years previous experience implementing or supporting an ERP tool with expertise in Workday (or alternatively PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, NetSuite, Sage, Xero or similar applications)
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
- Experience in transforming business requirements into complex system configurations.
- Must have strong analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to be effectively and actively engaged on multiple, parallel projects.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision.
- Demonstrates strong work ethics, setting an example for others.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Focused and detail oriented with the ability to work well independently and collaboratively with on-site and remote team members.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, where local restrictions allow.
- Workday Financials Certification is a requirement of the role. Candidates who are not certified will be put through the Workday Financials Certification – they will need to successfully pass and retain their Certification by keeping up to date with Workday’s Certification Update’s
- Highly desirable to speak either German, Italian, French or another European language
- It is desirable to have an accounting related qualification such as ACA, ICAS, ACCA and CIMA or local equivalent, however it is not mandatory for the role
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and “Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs” 5 years in a row.
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet, and life because it’s important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate differences and believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We know that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more successful.
At Alight, we welcome and embrace all individuals, regardless of their background, and are dedicated to creating a culture that enables every employee to thrive. Join us in building a brighter, more inclusive future.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans, and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.