At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
Champion People – be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.
Grow with purpose – Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.
Be Alight – act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Workday Manager – Payroll
Manages project resources responsible for ensuring timely and quality execution of client deliverables and consulting with clients on Workday projects. Develops solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains and/or clients and leads large enterprise projects (CDS). Participates in client sales meetings as Subject Matter Expert/Advisor. Actively develops less experienced colleagues and leads internal initiatives to improve domain.
- Responsible for leading one or more areas of a large project and/or multiple concurrent projects potentially over longer periods of duration.
- Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the client, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment.
- Responsible for coordinating the work of others, regardless of people management responsibilities. Managing project FTE, scope, risk, budget, quality, and timeline.
- Motivates colleagues to think outside of the box and bring ideas to fruition.
- Understands agendas and others’ perspectives, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one's own group with those of the broader organization.
- Develops processes and methodology within and across HCM/FINs.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and champions project methodology and Alight best practices.
- Provides a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday projects.
- Able to consult to dependencies and integration aspects across and within Workday.
- Champions a Workday product area within and outside of the team.
- Responsible for client delivery and project satisfaction related to domain area.
- Integrates with other areas across Alight and functions to provide a complete solution.
- Significantly contributes to the practice area and business as a whole by providing leadership and direction to other team members: suggests improvements, provides training and mentoring to colleagues, and supports knowledge management.
- Utilizes industry and consulting experience to define and lead internal initiatives that will actively contribute to the operational success of the organization.
- Visibility as an expert within the Workday ecosystem product groups/chats.
- Participates in client sales meetings, assisting with collateral creation where needed.
- Creates work estimates and solutions for small to large bodies of work.
Knowledge, Education, Certification, Skills & Technical Proficiencies
- 7 to 10 plus years relevant work experience required
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting / software organization in another ERP application (e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Recognizes and tackles difficult conversations proactively. Strong soft skills that facilitate resolution and win-win approach
- Strong communication skills including the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages
- Proven consultative skills to guide client and internal discussions to agreement of solutions in a timely manner
- Experience implementing complex, practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Ability to be effectively and actively engage on multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to prioritize and organize increasingly complex work to ensure overall timeliness and quality standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Proven experience working creatively and analytically in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Exhibits problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting issues and escalates as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including clear articulation of complex messages and requirements
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and client satisfaction
- Proven experience demonstrating initiative and curiosity to build skills in other areas by leveraging available trainings and Workday documentation
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Workday certified in US or Canadian Payroll as well as on-going successful recertification is a requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical, business, or financial discipline
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and “Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs” 5 years in a row.
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet and life because it’s important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate differences and believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We know that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more successful.
At Alight, we welcome and embrace all individuals, regardless of their background, and are dedicated to creating a culture that enables every employee to thrive. Join us in building a brighter, more inclusive future.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Pay Transparency Statement: Alight takes into consideration a candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data, internal equity, and geography when determining an offer for a successful employment candidate, and Alight does so on an individualized, non-discriminatory basis. Therefore, an offer may fall anywhere between the estimated minimum base salary for this role of $112,700.00/year (for full time employees) and the estimated maximum base salary for this role of $196,800.00/year (for full time employees). In addition to a base salary, this position may be eligible for a bonus and/or other incentive plans. Alight also offers a comprehensive benefits package; for specific details on our benefits package, please visit: https://careers.alight.com/us/en/alight-us-benefits-2023
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.