At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
Champion People – be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.
Grow with purpose – Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.
Be Alight – act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
As a Workday Manager (HCM+), a typical day to include the following:
The Workday Consultant must possess broad experience with system implementations and deep knowledge of Workday with concentration in a specific domain. Leads large enterprise implementations and participates in client sales meetings as a Subject Matter Expert/Advisor.
- Responsible for leading one or more areas of a large project and/or multiple concurrent
projects potentially over longer periods of duration.
- Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the client, from planning and design
phases through testing and deployment.
- Responsible for coordinating the work of others, regardless of people management
responsibilities. Managing project FTE, scope, budget, quality, and timeline.
- Motivates colleagues to think outside of the box and bring ideas to fruition.
- Understands agendas and others’ perspectives, recognizing and effectively balancing the
interests and needs of one's own group with those of the broader organization.
- Develops processes and methodology within and across HCM/FINs.
- Champions a Workday product area within and outside of the team.
- Takes an active role in defining and leading internal initiatives for area.
- Visibility as an expert within the Workday ecosystem product groups/chats.
- Participates in client sales meetings, assisting with collateral creation where needed.
- Creates work estimates and solutions for small to large bodies of work.
- Hires, on-boards and mentors new colleagues through partnership with the recruiting team.
- Assists colleagues in goal setting, solicits 360 feedback, assesses performance, provides
feedback to colleagues, and reviews compensation periodically to ensure competitiveness,
per business requirements.
- Conducts at least monthly one-on-one performance and coaching discussions with team
- Executes onboarding plan for the new hires with a focus on increasing the certification pass
rate and accelerating assimilation.
- Partners with Resource Management on project staffing to ensure project assignments are
properly aligned to team members’ skill sets and personal preferences.
- Monitors utilization of team members to maximize revenue potential.
- Ensures the team's individual internal resumes, ETC’s and timecards are accurately
maintained and up to date.
- Cascades information to team members via appropriate channels.
- Monitors utilization of team members to maximize revenue potential.
Knowledge and Expertise of:
- Workday HCM+ certification(s) required
- 7 to 8 plus years of experience in HRIS field; experience in implementations and configurations for Workday, PeopleSoft, or similar applications preferred
- 2 plus years of Workday experience preferred
- 2 plus years of people management experience; managing direct reports or leading a project team to deliver solutions preferred
- Knowledge and experience with translating business process rules into system requirements
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company
- Experience defining global HR business and systems strategy, developing system requirements and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Deep knowledge of specific domain or domain pairs required within management purview
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- This opportunity does not offer sponsorship
- Workday Certification is a requirement of the role. Candidates will need to pass ongoing Workday re-certification as well
Preferred areas include:
- Single domain: Core HCM or Financials
- Pair domains: Any two or more of the following: Benefits Core Comp, Advanced Comp, Talent,
- Time Tracking, Absence, Learning, Benefits, and finance areas that should be paired
- Multi-domains (pillars): Financials-Accounting, Financials-Revenue, Financials-Spend
Bachelor’s Degree in technical, business or financial discipline or relevant field of study
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and “Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs” 5 years in a row.
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet and life because it’s important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate differences and believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We know that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more successful.
At Alight, we welcome and embrace all individuals, regardless of their background, and are dedicated to creating a culture that enables every employee to thrive. Join us in building a brighter, more inclusive future.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Pay Transparency Statement: Alight takes into consideration a candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data, internal equity, and geography when determining an offer for a successful employment candidate, and Alight does so on an individualized, non-discriminatory basis. Therefore, an offer may fall anywhere between the estimated minimum base salary for this role of $112,700.00/year (for full time employees) and the estimated maximum base salary for this role of $180,000.00/year (for full time employees). In addition to a base salary, this position may be eligible for a bonus and/or other incentive plans. Alight also offers a comprehensive benefits package; for specific details on our benefits package, please visit: https://careers.alight.com/us/en/alight-us-benefits-2023
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.