At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
- Responsible for leading one or more areas of a large project and/or multiple concurrent projects potentially over longer periods of duration.
- Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the client, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment.
- Responsible for coordinating the work of others, regardless of people management responsibilities. Managing project FTE, scope, risk, budget, quality, and timeline.
- Motivates colleagues to think outside of the box and bring ideas to fruition.
- Understands agendas and others’ perspectives, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
- Develops processes and methodology within and across HCM/FINs. Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and champions project methodology and Alight best practices.
- Provides a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday projects.
- Able to consult to dependencies and integration aspects across and within Workday.
- Champions a Workday product area within and outside of the team.
- Responsible for client delivery and project satisfaction related to domain area.
- Integrates with other areas across Alight and functions to provide a complete solution.
- Significantly contributes to the practice area and business as a whole by providing leadership and direction to other team members: suggests improvements, provides training and mentoring to colleagues, and supports knowledge management.
- Utilizes industry and consulting experience to define and lead internal initiatives that will actively contribute to the operational success of the organization.
- Visibility as an expert within the Workday ecosystem product groups/chats. • Participates in client sales meetings, assisting with collateral creation where needed.
- Creates work estimates and solutions for small to large bodies of work.
- Leads Large Enterprise implementations and participates in client sales meetings as Subject Matter Expert/Advisor.
Knowledge, Education, Certification, Skills & Technical Proficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical, business, or financial discipline
- Workday certified in HCM, Payroll and/or Financials as well as on-going successful recertification is a requirement
- Additional Workday certifications may be required • Recognizes and tackles difficult conversations proactively. Strong soft skills that facilitate resolution and win-win approach
- Strong communication skills including the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages
- Proven consultative skills to guide client and internal discussions to agreement of solutions in a timely manner
- Experience implementing complex, practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Ability to be effectively and actively engage on multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to prioritize and organize increasingly complex work to ensure overall timeliness and quality standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Proven experience working creatively and analytically in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Exhibits problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting issues and escalates as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including clear articulation of complex messages and requirements
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and client satisfaction
- Proven experience demonstrating initiative and curiosity to build skills in other areas by leveraging available trainings and Workday documentation
- 7-8 years relevant work experience required
- 2+ years’ Workday experience
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting / software organization in another ERP application (e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Experience defining global HR business and systems strategy, developing system requirements and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Deep knowledge of specific domain(s). Preferred areas include HCM, Compensation, Recruiting
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Statement. Please note, offers are being determined on an individual basis. Alight takes into consideration the candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data and internal equity. The estimated minimum salary for this role is $101,300.00/year (full-time). In addition to the base salary, this position may be bonus eligible. For specific benefit details, please visit this URL: https://bit.ly/Alight-Benefits
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.