At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
The PMO Leader may be directly responsible for the successful recruitment, training, mentorship, and management of the global Project Management team aligned to successfully delivering Workday deployments and/or post production implementations in their areas of expertise. The PMO Leader will provide internal program management expertise, implementation oversight, quality assurance, escalations support, and account management for our Workday deployments and/or post production implementations. He/She will also drive business and work with Project Managers to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success. He/She will lead dedicated Project Managers and be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects and clients in conjunctions with the Regional Director and/or Engagement Executives. Ultimately, they are responsible along with the Engagement Executive/ Regional Director for achieving client satisfaction and references on each project ensuring the successful growth of the PMO Leader’s area.
Global Alignment and Management
- Build and maintain a standard global project methodology to scale delivery efficiencies for projects
- Direct management and mentoring of the aligned Project Managers
- Work with the line manager to ensure Project Managers have training on internal business processes and objectives
- Keep teams motivated and engaged while promoting a strong team and company culture
Program Management and Project Delivery
- Manage utilization for the project managers in their portfolio
- Ensure positive project execution while aiding Project Managers with removing barriers and maintaining focus
- Ensure all projects are delivered according to Workday and Alight methodologies and procedures
- Serve as an internal escalation point for the project
- In case of an escalation, coordinate with Resource Management, Account Managers, Regional Directors, Engagement Executives, and other Practice Area Leads to identify appropriate resources and skills for projects
- Conduct internal project reviews and quality assurance reviews
- Successfully advocate for the client within Alight
- Focus on providing the best results for the clients’ business
- Stays on top of concerns to avert issues early
- Work together with Sales to enhance our offering
- Participate in pre-sales and help rationalize / justify the Workday estimate for pursuits
- Help author Statements of Work and Change Orders
- Look for opportunities to provide an exceptional client experience
- Identify continuous quality improvement initiatives through process, templates, and best practices
Knowledge and Expertise of:
- 7 plus years of experience in program management or PMO leadership experience required. Experience with Workday in a cloud software environment, preferred.
- 5 plus years of experience in people management.
- Experience establishing standard operating procedures and methodology for a PMO.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is preferred.
- Experience managing external client projects.
- HR project delivery in a consulting environment is preferred.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, quickly adapt to frequent change, while managing multiple priorities in fast-paced client environments.
- Excellent oral and written internal and client communications skills. Knowledge of when and how to escalate project issues.
- Awareness of cultural diversity and can embrace and capitalize those differences; applies knowledge in decision-making process.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and MS Project.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other known project management certification is preferred
- Travel up to 50%
- Workday Certification and/or Workday project delivery experience is a requirement of the role. Candidates who are not certified will be considered for the role, but they will need to successfully pass Workday certification as well as on-going successful re-certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math or Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent years of industry experience.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Statement. Please note, offers are being determined on an individual basis. Alight takes into consideration the candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data and internal equity. The estimated minimum salary for this role is $111,600.00/year (full-time). In addition to the base salary, this position may be bonus eligible. For specific benefit details, please visit this URL: https://bit.ly/Alight-Benefits
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.