At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education, training and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
The Workday Practice Lead will primarily be responsible for owning and overseeing methodology for the Data Conversion Workday practice area. They will be responsible for directing, planning, and coordinating delivery for solutions within their aligned Workday practice area. The Workday Practice Area Lead responsibilities will include maximizing the profitability of their practice area and supporting sales opportunities. Additionally, the Workday Practice Area Lead will be responsible for managing and motivating their team members, supporting their career and professional development, and ensuring that they complete tasks in their functional areas that meet business needs. Responsible for managing headcount, resource forecasting and utilization, resource costs, and FTEs to deal models and delivering against the business financial goals.
As a Workday Practice Lead a typical day to include the following:
- Innovate within and cross practices to maximize delivery efficiencies, identify new delivery offerings, automation, deliver per methodology, adoption and advancement of tools
- Have ownership of Practice Area methodology and provide input into overall Professional Services methodology across LE/ME/Launch/Optimization
- Educate on information relevant to all aspects of delivery and operations
- WD knowledge, methodology, POV, best practices, tools/automation
- Coordinate with Services counterparts to maintain and improve POV and Professional Services/Services delivery
- Provide input into project staffing and resource skills classification
- Support Project Manager/Engagement Executive escalations related to client delivery
- Talent acquisition
- Identify need; monitor requisitions and slot plan; facilitate interview and selection process
- Support global delivery model
– DCA development; ways of working offshore; global standardization and best practices; global methodology
- Provide sales support
– Support sales meetings; provide input to sale materials; develop sales support resources
- Maximize practice profitability
– Maximize and balance team and delivery center utilization; track to internal team budget and training budget
People Management Responsibilities
- Motivate and inspire the team to do their best work
- Support new initiates; build foundation of continuous improvement; focus on colleague empowerment; colleague retention
- Support Colleague training and professional development
- Lead support and development
- Consultant support and development
- People Manager support and development
- New hire onboarding/training
- Delivery oversight on LE/White Glove clients
- Engage on the ground with delivery; provide Lead/Consultant performance feedback; ensure delivery quality meets client expectations
- Support Practice Area escalations
- People Manager, technology, office, delivery
- 1:1 with direct reports and skip level (as needed)
- Identify high performers and support career progression
- Participate in succession planning for PALs, line level managers and leads
- Facilitate team meetings and cross-functional knowledge sharing
Knowledge and Expertise of:
- 10 years relevant work experience required
- Workday experience required
- Previous client and/or people leadership experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and can clearly articulate complex messages
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and client satisfaction
- Previous consulting experience required either as an internal consultant or with a consulting / software organization
- Up to 20% travel
- Successful completion of the Workday HCM and/or Financials certification curriculum or currently Workday certified is a requirement for the role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical, business, or financial discipline.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the United States
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Statement. Please note, offers are being determined on an individual basis. Alight takes into consideration the candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data and internal equity. The estimated minimum salary for this role is $114,500.00/year (full-time). In addition to the base salary, this position may be bonus eligible. For specific benefit details, please visit this URL: https://bit.ly/Alight-Benefits
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.