At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
Champion People – Be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.
Grow with purpose – Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.
Be Alight – Act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Alight Solutions are currently recruiting for a Workday Benefits Senior Consultant within our Cloud Optimization Practice area. We have an ever expanding business pipeline and are seeking suitably skilled and interested candidates to help us build our practice in line with the growth of the Workday ecosystem. As a Workday Consultant you will play a key role by delivering innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
Your impact as a Consultant
- Become a hands-on subject matter expert in the Workday Benefits Module, specializing and deepening your skill set within one or more functional areas
- Work closely with the client to understand their post go-live requirements to design, build, configure and test the Workday solution, with support from the Lead Functional Consultant on your team
- Play an active role in your area of expertise, a point of reference for sharing knowledge and information with colleagues, collaborating to improve internal capability, including training and mentoring of new team members
- Build an excellent rapport with Cloud Optimization clients, guiding and assisting them on getting the most from their Workday deployment
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with other members of the project team and management as well as external clients
- Bring insights from your product and industry knowledge, by being innovative and keeping well informed on HR and Financials business landscape
- Understand and apply Workday and Alight methodologies
- Contribute to Alight’s financial performance by delivering excellence to our clients and managing your work on several concurrent projects
Knowledge and Expertise of:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of previous consulting experience implementing ERP systems such as Workday, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, ADP or other SaaS software solutions
- 1 to 2 plus years of leading work through others
- Ability to be effectively and actively engaged on multiple, parallel projects
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – fully fluent English is a pre-requisite for this role
- Experience with Open Enrollment and ACA processes in Workday
- Advanced analytical and functional skills evidenced by playing a role in projects or in a support environment
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision
- Demonstrates strong work ethics, setting an example for others
- Ability to be effectively and actively engaged on multiple, parallel projects
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, a clear ability to ‘consult’ for and with your clients
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Deep knowledge of specific domain(s). Preferred areas include Recruiting, Core/Advanced Comp, Talent, Learning, or Benefits
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Workday HCM and Benefits certification strongly preferred
- This opportunity does not offer sponsorship
- Workday Certification is a requirement of the role. Candidates who are not certified will be considered for the role, but they will need to successfully pass Workday certification as well as on-going successful re-certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Human Resources, Computer Science, or relevant field of study.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and “Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs” 5 years in a row.
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet and life because it’s important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate differences and believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We know that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more successful.
At Alight, we welcome and embrace all individuals, regardless of their background, and are dedicated to creating a culture that enables every employee to thrive. Join us in building a brighter, more inclusive future.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Pay Transparency Statement: Alight takes into consideration a candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data, internal equity, and geography when determining an offer for a successful employment candidate, and Alight does so on an individualized, non-discriminatory basis. Therefore, an offer may fall anywhere between the estimated minimum base salary for this role of $90,200.00/year (for full time employees) and the estimated maximum base salary for this role of $143,100.00/year (for full time employees). In addition to a base salary, this position may be eligible for a bonus and/or other incentive plans. Alight also offers a comprehensive benefits package; for specific details on our benefits package, please visit: https://careers.alight.com/us/en/alight-us-benefits-2023
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.