At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education, training and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
As a Workday Senior Consultant (Learning), a typical day to include the following:
Primarily responsible for ensuring timely and quality execution of client deliverables and consulting with clients on Workday projects. Possesses a broad understanding of cross functional touchpoints and their impacts within the Workday system to effectively develop solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains or clients. Consults without supervision on complex projects, and/or lead Medium Enterprise or Large Enterprise projects depending on domain area(s) specialty. Participates in client sales meetings as Subject Matter Expert.
- Independently consults with external clients and participates in all stages of the Workday project lifecycle, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment for Workday HCM, Learning application.
- Effectively executes medium to large client deliverables from start to finish across multiple, concurrent projects utilizing Alight’s quality standards and consulting methodology.
- Manages self and work to project scope, timeline and budget. Coordinates with others when applicable.
- Listens to client request, assesses actual client need, provides subjective matter expertise, proposes alternatives, and recommends solution(s).
- Frequently discusses, and can articulate to clients, lessons learned from previous client experience, Workday best practices, as well as Alight’s Point of View.
- Provides direction and guidance internally to less experienced colleagues by directing work and reviewing deliverables.
- Participates in internal business initiatives to assist the organization in building our Alight brand and collateral, including but not limited to internal domain groups, chats and training.
- Participates in building the Alight Brand by participating in Workday ecosystem product groups/chats.
- Has specialized and deepened skill set within Learning
- Creates work estimates for small to large bodies of work.
- May consult without supervision in complex projects, and/or lead Medium Enterprise projects.
Knowledge and Expertise of:
- 5 to 7 plus years of previous consulting experience implementing ERP systems such as Workday, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, ADP or other SaaS software solutions
- Ability to be effectively and actively engaged on multiple, parallel projects
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision
- Demonstrates strong work ethics, setting an example for others
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Workday HCM or Learning Certification strongly preferred
- This opportunity does not offer sponsorship
- Workday Certification is a requirement of the role. Candidates who are not certified will be considered for the role, but they will need to successfully pass Workday certification as well as on-going successful re-certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Human Resources, Computer Science, or relevant field of study.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the United States
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Statement. Please note, offers are being determined on an individual basis. Alight takes into consideration the candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data and internal equity. The estimated minimum salary for this role is $83,700.00/year (full-time). In addition to the base salary, this position may be bonus eligible. For specific benefit details, please visit this URL: https://bit.ly/Alight-Benefits
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.