USA All Offices
At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education, training and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
As a Workday Senior Manager, a typical day to include the following:
Manages resources for multiple projects, responsible for ensuring timely and quality execution of client deliverables and consulting with clients on Workday projects. Drives the development of solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains or large clients. Has exposure to many large, complex, global clients. Leads the most complex Large Enterprise implementations (CDS)/projects, and leads portions of client sales meetings as Subject Matter Expert/Advisor.
- Responsible for leading one or more areas of the largest and most complex projects and/or multiple concurrent projects potentially over longer periods of duration.
- Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the client, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment.
- Responsible for coordinating the work of others, regardless of people management responsibilities. Managing project FTE, scope, budget, quality, and timeline. Motivates colleagues to think outside of the box and bring ideas to fruition.
- Understands agendas and others’ perspectives, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
- Develops processes and methodology within and across HCM/FINs.
- Provides a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday projects.
- Able to identify and consult to touch points, dependencies, and integration aspects across and within Workday to provide a complete solution.
- Champions a Workday product area within and outside of the team.
- Responsible for client delivery and project satisfaction related to domain area.
- Integrates with other areas across Alight and functions to provide a complete solution.
- Accountable for one or more areas of large, complex clients. Ability to understand and articulate the strategic value of integrated HCM and/or FINs processes with a strong business acumen.
- Leads substantive internal initiatives across domain or practice, and owns/maintains substantive portions of internal content and/or methodology.
- Significantly contributes and leads individual and colleague efforts to develop internal resources via mentoring, coaching, and directing work.
- Visibility as an expert within the Workday ecosystem product groups/chats.
- Leads portions of client sales meetings. Participates in client proposal development across multiple proposals.
- Creates work estimates and solutions for small to large bodies of work.
Additional business area specific duties and responsibilities:
- Senior Configuration / Integration Manager
- Manages a team(s) responsible for ensuring timely execution of ongoing client deliverables and consulting with clients on services high complexity clients.
- Manages two complex clients
- Develops solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains for client.
- Provides a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday projects
- Directs the work of others aligned to the client to meet client and deal model needs
- Manages team to forecast
- Oversees overall team delivery, ensuring on time and quality delivery
- Ensures team follows documented processes
- Stabilized 4+ clients successfully transitioning them from implementation to AMS services
Knowledge and Expertise of:
- 8 to 10 plus years’ relevant work experience required
- 4 plus years’ Workday HCM or Recruiting consulting experience required
- 5 plus years’ experience leading Workday project implementations
- Experience defining global HR business and systems strategy, developing system requirements and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Ability to be effectively and actively lead multiple, concurrent projects
- Process transformation experience preferred
- Proven consultative skills to guide client and internal discussions to agreement of solutions in a timely manner
- Deep knowledge of specific domain(s), at least two preferred domains/areas: Core HCM/Comp, Payroll, Recruiting, Talent, Time Tracking, Absence, Learning, Benefits
- Strong communication skills including the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Workday certified in HCM, and/or Recruiting as well as on-going successful re-certification is a requirement for the role
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical, business, or financial discipline
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the United States
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Statement. Please note, offers are being determined on an individual basis. Alight takes into consideration the candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data and internal equity. The estimated minimum salary for this role is $111,600.00/year (full-time). In addition to the base salary, this position may be bonus eligible. For specific benefit details, please visit this URL: https://bit.ly/Alight-Benefits
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.