Workday Senior Specialist
Are you passionate about a career in Workday?
Would you like to support our clients throughout the Workday project lifecycle?
Would you like to an opportunity for development and certifications in leading technologies?
Join our Workday Consulting team
At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
About the Role
As a Workday Senior Specialist, you will be key in consulting with clients in all stages of the Workday Project lifecycle. You will support with the planning and design phases through testing and deployment for Workday HCM and/ or Financials.
The work you will do
- Effectively execute medium to large client deliverables from start to finish across multiple, concurrent projects utilizing Alight’s quality standards and consulting methodology.
- Manage priorities as needed across the project scope, timeline and budget. Coordinates with others when applicable.
- You will understand the client request, assesses actual client need, provides subjective matter expertise, proposes alternatives, and recommends solution(s).
- Provide direction and guidance internally by mentoring and coaching others when needed
- Participate in or may lead internal business initiatives to assist the organization in building our Alight brand and collateral, including but not limited to internal domain groups, chats and training.
- Participate in building the Alight Brand by participating in Workday ecosystem product groups/chats.
- Become specialized within an area, e.g., such as Compensation, Benefits, Financials, etc.
- Creates work estimates for small to large bodies of work.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical, business, or financial discipline
- If not already a holder of the relevant Workday Certification, successful completion of appropriate Workday Certification(s) is a requirement of the role, as well as on-going successful re-certification
- Additional Workday certifications may be required
- Proven consultative skills to guide client and internal discussions to agreement of solutions in a timely manner
- Able to prioritize and organize increasingly complex work to ensure overall timeliness and quality standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Proven experience working creatively and analytically in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Exhibits problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting issues and escalates as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including clear articulation of complex messages and requirements
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and client satisfaction
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
- Working remotely from home (up to 5 days a week)
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve. As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.