IN-TN-Chennai-Olympia Teknos 6th Floor – Alight
At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
The individual must be passionate and have an experience in the HR domain. Should be eager to explore and open to learn new things based on the need of the business.
Responsible for performing the Workday configurations using varied skillsets. Is accountable for coaching and analyzing work for new employees. Work on incorporating their work into the overall project. Duties includes meeting with clients to understand the need and working in coordination with other colleagues in the team to design system and performing tests.
- Articulate business problems, develop recommendations, influence stakeholders to adopt an approach and deliver results
- Working with diverse people, adapting your communication style to meet the needs of each client
- Obtain product certification to guide HR teams through the best approach forward
- Use your product knowledge to develop solution designs that help customers to achieve their goals
- Collaborate and work with teams from different geographies and be open to asking for help and supporting when required.
- Deliver a defined scope of work, identify risks and issues, plan workload
- Communicate regularly with the project manager about configuration changes, schedule, and status
- Assist peers by reviewing their deliverables from time to time
- Execute the unit test cases to verify the changes done as part of the requirements
- Debug and resolve any issues encountered during testing
- Documentation of the changes needs to be precise for the benefit of the customer.
- Adhere to the project and support processes as defined by the project manager
- Help clients to grow their knowledge and skills to manage their own solutions
Knowledge, Education, Certification, Skills & Technical Proficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Master’s degree in related areas is an advantage
- Certified in Workday platform is preferred
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Be adaptable and flexible, working extended hours to meet deadlines should not be a concern
- Should have the learning agility to pick up and work on new domains as required by the business
- Need to understand the software process lifecycle
- 2+ years relevant work experience required
- Certified on Workday HCM or Fin is preferred, certified in any other modules is an added advantage
- Working knowledge on Workday will be preferred.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state, or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans, and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices, and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.