As a leading provider of human capital solutions, we help our clients and their people navigate the complexity of health, wealth and HR. We combine data-driven, consumer-centered technology with personalized care and service to deliver a superior customer experience. Our dedicated colleagues across 28 global centers help 23 million people and their 11 million family members simplify work and life, both now and in the future. At Alight, we are reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
As a Workday Technology Architect, a typical day to include the following:
The Workday Technology Architect (WTA) will be a resident Alight expert in terms on integrating Workday with other applications in a client’s infrastructure and existing legacy interfaces. They will be experienced in building complex applications, integrations, reports, and data extracts to connect Workday to other applications including but not limited to middleware, data warehouse, cloud microservices, and legacy data sources. A broad understanding of HR Technology as an enabler of the HR function and the employee experience is essential.
The Workday Technology Architects are a team of Workday technology experts who support our geographically focused Workday practices by providing sales support and thought leadership activities that establish Alight’s eminence in the global Workday market. The WTAs contributes to delivery in the following manners:
- Provides expertise and leadership around Alight’s technical Workday capabilities in the HR and Finance domains; contributes to proposals and participates in sales presentations to clients.
- Provides our geographic practices with an offering they can sell and deliver, differentiating Alight in the market; a provocative, forward looking point of view around HR and Finance technology reimagined with Workday
- Provides expertise based on years’ of experience delivering Workday solutions to our clients
- Represents Alight in the external market and drives Alight’s brand reputation as the leader in Workday technology consulting
- Supports Alights technology Point of View efforts through thought leadership around data, integrations, applications
Knowledge and Expertise of:
- 5 to 7 plus years’ experience in IT/Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations
- 5 to 7 plus years’ experience in Human Capital Management (HCM) or Financial Management systems
- 5 to 7 plus years’ experience in ERP web service integrations (i.e., SOAP, WSDL, XML)
- 5 to 7 plus years’ experience in Project Delivery / Management
- 5 to 7 plus years’ experience in Workday Integrations
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Workday Integrations Certification required
- This opportunity does not offer sponsorship
- The ability to travel up to 50% (both domestically and internationally)
- Workday Certification is a requirement of the role. Candidates who are not certified will be considered for the role, but they will need to successfully pass Workday certification as well as on-going successful re-certification
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with others
- The ability to interact with and positively influence clients at all levels of the organization, from the c-suite to the shop floor
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as strong leadership, project management, and teamwork skills
- An appropriate mix of confidence and humility
- Solid core consulting skills and a track record of successful client delivery on large global deployments
- Experience in dealing with complex solutioning and cross – brand, cross – function requirements
- A strong focus on HR Transformation with the objective of improving the employee experience through technology
- Deep technical knowledge of Workday across all modules of HR and Finance
- Deep technical knowledge of typical on premise architectures including networking, database capabilities, and web/app server use capabilities
- Workday thought leadership. Ability to define how and where Workday can compete and differentiate and how to improve the Alight offering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, or relevant field of study
Background Check Required
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position. Additionally, an active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Alight is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, Alight takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or national origin.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Authorization to Work in the United States
Applicants for [employment/this position] in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Statement. Please note, offers are being determined on an individual basis. Alight takes into consideration the candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data and internal equity. The estimated minimum salary for this role is $101,300.00/year (full-time). In addition to the base salary, this position may be bonus eligible. For specific benefit details, please visit this URL: https://bit.ly/Alight-Benefits
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.