Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Summer Intern – HR Technology
As an Allegion HR Technology intern, you will contribute meaningful work and make a direct impact to the Allegion Global HR team. You will gain valuable experience working with both our HR teams as well as our HR Information systems teams on projects directly impacting our customers. You will gain exposure to systems and tools like Workday, Peakon, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point. You will interact directly with senior and HR leadership. You will be involved with projects directly impacting how our global HR teams operate, looking for and creating efficiencies in all process areas. If you are seeking a summer experience that offers meaningful work, learning opportunities, professional development, and an opportunity to build strong relationships with your peers and leaders, Allegion is the right place for you!
What You Will Do:
- Work with HR process owners to develop tools and digital processes to reduce manual work
- Work with the HR process owners and HR data team to design systems to improve our data quality and integrity
- Work with HR and Legal process owners to improve document management and knowledge management practices through the use of technology
- Obtain the experience to create a foundation for growth and future opportunities with Allegion
What You Need to Succeed:
- Pursuing a BS/BA degree preferably in Human Resources or Information Technology
- Minimum of two examples of demonstrated leadership ability and initiative (e.g. school club officer, sports team captain, resident advisor, leadership on school or work projects, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior HRIS or Workday experience a plus but not required
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
- Ability to work in both a team and individual setting
- Resiliency and ability to adapt quickly
- Effective listening, time management and creative problem-solving techniques
- A desire to learn, grow and develop
Regardless of your degree, Allegion is a great place to begin your career.
You should consider starting your career with us if:
• You share our vision of seamless access and a safer world
• You share our purpose of creating peace of mind by pioneering safety & security
• You want to build a robust network of experienced and talented professionals
• You want to work for an industry leader and alongside a team of experts
• You are eager to take initiative and take ownership of exciting projects
• You are ready to embrace the Allegion culture and values and develop lifelong connections with your teammates
What You’ll Get From Us:
• An opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team that collaborates on real, hands-on projects
• Professional Growth through exposure to our executive team, leadership-led lunch & learn sessions and mentor/mentee relationships
• Meaningful time to network and get to know your peers through Allegion sponsored activities hosted by the Talent Attraction Team
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow’s world a safer place!
Not sure if your experience perfectly aligns with the role? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification and every single preferred qualification of a job posting. At Allegion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every item in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role.
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer