JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
HRIS Product Owner and Architect and PMO lead
- As subject matter expert support the configuration of Allison’s HR Systems, working closely with HR Leaders, business partners, centers of excellence, HR service delivery team, Information Systems and Services Architects and others.
- Create, support and enhance configurations, security, and reports within the Workday environment. Provide subject matter expertise on HRIS (Workday) setup, data integrity, business process design, security, report writing and data analysis. Serve as workday names support contact.
- Planning key activities, including testing, for releases, implementation of new and enhanced functionality, and integration with downstream systems
- Provide strategic direction on other HR Technologies, such as ServiceNow HR Service Delivery, and liaise with Information Technology teams to provide program support and drive HRIS Product Management practice.
- Maintain knowledge of HR business practices and technology to provide an advanced level of support to end-users
- Effect positive change in all areas of Workday, including security administration, business process design; HCM, compensation, recruiting, talent, performance, time reporting, time off and absence configurations; end-user experience, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure a clear HR Technology roadmap, business process optimizations, improved technology enablement through clear business case development, metrics and measuring the business value realization for the portfolio. Lead enhancements.
- Serve as the leader of the project management office for the HR roadmap and key HR projects. Support complex, short and long-term HR Projects and the lead the project management process across the HR function.
- Direct team leader and manager of multiple matrix and vendor relationships, and responsible for employee development and coaching, day-to-day work management, task assignment, status reporting, training recommendations, and general team coordination tasks
- Other duties, as assigned
Key Performance Measures
• Project Completion
- Continuity of support for HR services (employees, payroll)
- Budget adherence
- HRIS system Security performance
- Timely analytics and reporting provision
- System maximization and optimization
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience supporting ERP/HR applications
• Excellent organizational, time management, and project skills
• High-quality written and verbal communication skills and presentation abilities.
- 5+ years of experience in an HR Analyst, IT Analyst, or similar role
- 4+ years of experience administering HRIS configurations and business processes (Workday) preferred
- Experience with Workday report writing preferred
- History of Workday training preferred (special consideration for Pro or Implementer certification)
- Proficient in a major HRIS platform and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work effectively and independently with internal and external customers
- Ability to and prior experience of managing, developing, and leading a small internal team of professionals and external vendor resources.
- Task or project management experience preferred
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.