JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
Main Purpose of Role:
As the operations lead for the talent acquisition team, and reporting to the Director, Talent Management, you will own the strategic sourcing and employment branding strategy and build deep talent pipelines. You will support the business in attracting, assessing and selecting the right talent with the right capabilities at the right time. You will be responsible for developing & sustaining the operating rhythm for the function including processes, tools, and analytics.
You will have a passion for operational effectiveness, continuous improvement and simplification. You will play a critical role in defining, designing, improving and scaling our recruiting processes, tools and capabilities globally as well as ensuring a clear, consistent and authentic employer brand that resonates with our employees and the communities we serve.
Leading all aspects of the Allison recruiting experience, including:
- Collaborating with hiring managers, candidates, HR business partners, diversity, equity and inclusion partners, onboarding support staff, and Allison’s outsourced recruiting partners to build an outstanding hiring experience.
- Sharing your vision of excellence, and continually refreshing that vision through a combination of outside resources, training, and lessons learned.
- Evolving the global recruiting process, applying your vision, experience, curiosity, inventiveness, and attention to detail to Allison’s existing systems and processes in order to craft an exciting path forward.
- Prioritizing recruiting activities, establishing the most efficient use of the team’s effort, coordinating with impacted parties, and presenting status with transparency, accuracy and regularity.
- Resolving challenges effectively, efficiently, and without ego.
- Partnering with internal and external technology partners to deliver the best possible systems support for Allison’s hiring and onboarding experience.
- Exploring recruiting data and using that data to tell practical, concrete stories that drive action from the recruiting team and its partners.
- Contributing to the Allison Employee Value Proposition and engaging with candidates accordingly.
- Developing partnerships that help Allison Transmission be recognized as an employer of choice and keep the talent pipeline full.
- Building internship and co-op programs that allow students to learn and grow while preparing them to become exceptional teammates.
- Handling the recruiting budget, vendor relationships, and contracts.
Key Performance Measures:
- Established reputation as an effective, efficient problem solver with strong interpersonal and inter-departmental relationships.
- Recruiting processes are clear, well-documented, easy to find, meticulously followed, and drive measureable improvements.
- Recruiting data is accessible, useful, trust-worthy, and trending in a positive direction.
- Recruiting activities follow a predictable, sustainable cadence with few emergent issues.
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Upbeat, customer service oriented, inclined to action, and tenacious.
- Adept at uncovering root causes and developing countermeasure plans.
- Proven experience in fast-paced environments where prioritization of multiple tasks is important.
- Agile learner and process innovator.
- Well organized but flexible in approach and comfortable with change.
- Clear and effective communicator whether in person, via email, or when presenting.
- Application Tracking and Office software power user.
- Great teammate.
Bachelors degree in human resources, management, education, communications or related field. Equivalent experience or a mix of education and experience would be just fine.
Strong preference will be given to those with experience as an engaged Workday recruiting business process owner.
- Demonstrated ability (7+ years of experience) in talent attraction & acquisition; in depth understanding of the end-to-end sourcing and recruiting lifecycle for roles ranging from hourly production roles to senior executives. Experience including recruiting outside of the US preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage an outsourced recruiting environment.
- Expertise in designing and driving recruiting process enhancements; strong project management skills.
- Expertise maintaining relationships with external vendors and partners.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in the recruiting space (e.g. ATS, CRM, HCM) including reporting, data and analytics.
- Experience establishing and iterating on comprehensive and insightful metrics to improve sourcing and recruiting effectiveness and inform and influence business decisions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication including strong presentation skills and storytelling to influence & motivate change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven track record of interpreting data, understanding trends and developing recommendations for action.
- Individual contributor.
- Recruiting vendor management.
- Budget oversight for recruiting functions including tools for recruiting and external outreach.
- Community and industry partnerships.
- Influence with hiring managers and HR Business Partners.
- Global reach and scope.
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Employment with Allison Transmission, Inc. is voluntary and is subject to termination by the employee or Allison Transmission, Inc. at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. This document is not a contract of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.