Altium Packaging, Our Culture Differentiates Us!
We are an essential business and still hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic!
We incorporate our Guiding Principles into all aspects and at all levels of the organization and use them as a framework for decision-making. We believe our Guiding Principles foster a culture of excellence that benefits both employees and customers.
Our Guiding Principles
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seeking Fulfillment in your Work
As Production Manager, you will lead all activities related to production operations. More specifically, you will be responsible for production, scheduling, human resources planning, shipping and inventory control to ensure optimal production aimed at achieving monthly objectives. You will also be responsible for providing support to the Plant Manager related to maintaining a safe work environment, continuous improvement and Human Resource Management.
- Apply company guidelines, aiming to ensure a healthy and safe working environment by running a safe, injury/accident-free workplace and to ensure that we are compliant with OHSA and other government regulations.
- Lead the production team to ensure maximum machine and labor efficiency to fulfill OEE, production output and financial performance targets
- Create, develop and maintain an environment where employees are engaged.
- Support and equip the team to facilitate decision-making according to our guidelines and corporate culture in their work.
- Act as a disciplined entrepreneur according to the financial consequences (manufacturing costs).
- Review and optimize the production planning and coordinate the resources needed.
- Manage inventory control and ensure data compliance in the ERP system.
- Coach and develop supervisor skills, for them to grow as leader.
- Build succession plan, and ensure back up in all key position, by coordinating appropriate training.
- Ensure product compliance in accordance with customer requirements. Ensure production quality standards and targets are met.
- Lead all the continuous improvement initiative of his department including the implementation of the Altium Production System (APS), our continuous improvement system.
- Work in collaboration with the operational teams (maintenance, purchasing, training, quality).
- Ensure constant communication with employees on results, goals, improvements in business processes, policies, procedures or methods.
- Ensure compliance and maintain follow-up of documents and metrics related to production.
- Participate in monitoring new projects in collaboration with the technical operations and capital planning team.
- Participate in the Health and Safety committee and other meetings of the various committees that report to this position.
- Bachelor’s in business administration and/or Operations Management.
- Seven to ten years of production management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience working with an integrated management system (ERP), i.e. JDE & Syteline.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language both verbal and written.
- Leadership; conflict management; decision-making; critical thinking; negotiation; problem-solving; and change management.
- Culture of continuous improvement, quality and Health & Safety.
- Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously. Good Project Management experience.
- Autonomous, dependable, planning, organizational skills, delegation and teamwork.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting.
- Fast paced environment. This position is very hands on.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of Workday would be an asset.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and have a clean working environment.
We Believe in Rewarding our Most Important Resource – Our People!
We show our commitment to Total Rewards by providing a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.We offer health, dental, life and disability insurance plans to support the well-being of our employees. In addition, we offer public holidays and time off to promote work-life balance. We also invest in our people by offering tuition reimbursement programs as well as learning and training opportunities. Altium Packaging sites offer rewards and recognition programs as well as opportunities for its employees to make a difference in their communities.
Equal Access to Employement Program
As an employer who subscribes to the principle of equal employment, we are committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage individuals from the following designated groups to apply and voluntarily indicate their group of affiliation: Women, Visible Minorities, Indigenous Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.
Take your career to the next level at Altium Packaging!