Vancouver, British Columbia
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Altus Group Limited, a public company listed on the TSX, is a leading Intelligence as a Service provider to the global commercial real estate industry. While headquartered in Canada, Altus Group operates globally through its businesses Altus Analytics and Altus Group Commercial Real Estate Consulting.
Altus Group is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have any needs that require accommodation, please let us know.
Altus Group currently is currently recruiting for a Senior Legal Counsel to join its global legal team. This role will be responsible for supporting and guiding matters related to high volume commercial transactions on sophisticated deals and alliances, in support of our Analytics business unit. This leader will be a key member of the legal team with responsibility for directing activities and negotiating our must important commercial transactions in support of Altus Group’s Analytics business goals and objectives.
- Negotiating and advising on legal matters across the commercial transaction landscape for Altus Group’s Analytics business, including worldwide sales and go to market teams
- Providing legal counsel to ensure closing commercial deals each quarter.
- Closely align with the leaders of our commercial team to ensure the scaling of our teams, processes and systems as required by the growth of Altus Group’s business and customer needs
- Contribute to the legal strategy, in coordination with other legal team members, for new product offerings, including cloud-based SaaS and data analytics products.
- Contribute to legal strategy and approach for alliance initiatives, as required
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide counsel and guidance on legal matters and risk
- Advise on legal issues as they relate to funds, including real estate investment trusts, closed end funds and private funds, including issues pertaining to non-traded REITS and securities filings
- Identify and help to mitigate legal and commercial risks for the business, including risks associated with the introduction of new products and services and/or expansion into new regions and territories.
- Develop, design, and conduct ongoing commercial legal training and awareness activities.
- Develop and maintain contracting templates and playbooks for all commercial matters
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience gained in-house or and/or at a leading law firm
- Qualified to practice Law in associated state/ province and a member of good standing of the Law Society
- Excellent corporate and commercial legal skills, including the ability to negotiate contracts and focus on details while understanding larger corporate goals
- Strong business acumen and judgment, including the ability to set priorities, align plans and work effectively with multiple stakeholders to develop practical solutions for a broad range of legal and business problems
- Experience in partnering with and supporting a fast-paced sales or business development organization to close deals; strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously in such an environment to help drive deals to close
- Ability to help identify and mitigate risk in connection with new products and services
- Knowledge in technology related commercial transactions, professional services, sales, SaaS and enterprise B2B transactions is considered an asset
- Ability to adapt legal requirements in balanced, creative and pragmatic ways
- Proven experience with commercial contracts lifecycle management, procurement operations and driving automation and other efficiencies in the commercial space
- Strong technical skills and experience with Workday considered an asset
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Altus Group to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact us at [email protected] or . (416) 641-9500