US-New York, NY
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With almost 8,000 professionals based in 70+ locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
Under the supervision of the US Benefits Manager, the Benefits Specialist will assist with the day-to-day management of A&M benefit programs.
- Serve as an A&M benefits subject matter expert in order to answer employee, internal stakeholder, and vendor inquiries and escalations
- Manage approvals/processing of benefit enrollments and changes within the HRIS platform (Workday)
- Manage reconciliation and processing of vendor premium payments
- Support benefits compliance filings (SFHCO reporting, 1094/1095 reporting, CMS reporting, 5500s, etc.)
- Serve as a liaison between A&M benefit carriers and employees
- Maintain employee records and all benefit information in database(s) such as Workday
- Work on other benefit-related projects as assigned
- Complete routine audits to ensure data integrity
- 1-2 years benefits administration experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience with invoice/billing reconciliation, advanced Excel skills and exposure to self-funded plans is preferred
- Proven knowledge of benefits and plan administration
- Strong computer proficiency including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a strong attention to detail.
- A self-starter, with proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
- Experience with Workday is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.