US-New York, NY
HRIS Specialist (Workday)
The Workday HRIS Specialist will be responsible for supporting and maintaining Workday for our firm. As an established Workday customer, we are continually adding new modules, enhancing existing functionality, and helping our users get the most out of Workday. The current modules in use at A&M are HCM, Recruiting, Talent and Performance, Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence and Projects.
Unlike many other companies, HRIS Specialist at A&M are cross-trained to work across our various modules. We have core module focus areas but are fully encouraged, trained, and expected to understand and support the end-to-end touchpoints within other modules. There is ample opportunity to learn and support the entire system.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Addresses end-user support cases as assigned. Troubleshoots and resolves production support issues, and resolves defects timely and with exceptional customer service.
- Provides assistance and support on larger projects and implementations.
- Effectively partners with teams such as HR, Recruiting, Benefits, Payroll, Finance, IT, and others to provide training and support for day to day Workday activities.
- Performs research into problems, identifying opportunities to correct the situation, and seeks opinions and feedback on suggested solutions. Looks beyond the surface to ensure the solution will fix the problem.
- Translates business objectives and user needs into clearly written technical requirements for prioritization of enhancements.
- Conduct data integrity audits to ensure accuracy and reliability of worker information.
- Maintains technical and industry trend knowledge by participating in Workday Community and other forums, including on-line discussions, brainstorms, voting, training, webinars, etc.
- Conduct administrative functions for the team i.e. tenant management, change control and bi-weekly release oversight.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, HRIS, Business Administration, IT/IS, MIS, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of HR processes (from previous assignments, roles, experience in HR – i.e., responsibility in new hires, terminations, leaves of absences, employee benefits, immigration, etc.).
- 1- 2-years of experience in HRIS systems, with a preference for at least 1-year of experience in Workday.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are essential.
- Proven record of setting delivery commitments and meeting expectations.
- Analytical mindset with a strong ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to work within a team environment with global team members and time-zones.
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
- Customer service oriented with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations and deliver an excellent experience.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.