US-New York, NY
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With almost 8,000 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
Under the supervision of the US Benefits Manager, the Leave Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day management of A&M’s leave of absence and worker’s compensation programs.
- Serve as leave of absence subject matter expert in order to answer employee, internal stakeholder, and vendor inquiries on the firm’s leave programs including medical or disability leave, FMLA, or unpaid leave
- Manage FMLA and disability programs working with the third-party administrator, employees and business functions according to plan guidelines, federal and local regulations and company policies
- Analyze leave requests, determine employee eligibility and manage employee return to service or separation
- Interpret and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, NYPFL, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, Workers Compensation, etc.)
- Provide regular leave and accommodation status updates to HR Business Partners, Managers, Legal Team, Payroll, Facilities, and other stakeholders to monitor leaves
- Remain up to date on related local, state, and federal law regulatory changes as they relate to leave management
- Maintain employee leave records in database(s) such as Workday and provide adjustments to the payroll team as needed
- Manage processing of Worker’s Compensation claims and the annual Worker’s Compensation audit
- Ensure compliance with internal and external policies and regulations
- Work on other benefit-related projects as assigned
- 2-4 years of Human Resources experience with a focus on leave administration
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable local, state and federal laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Working knowledge of federal and state statutory leave of absence regulations
- Strong computer proficiency including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a strong attention to detail
- A self-starter, with proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
- Experience with Workday is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.