US-New York, NY
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With more than 6,000 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
The Senor HR Specialist is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. This role is responsible for acting as an advisor to leaders and staff, will be an advocate for employees and will be responsible for supporting assigned client group The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Senior HR Specialist maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Partner with the business in all people matters and gain a deep understanding of the business.
- Consult with senior leaders to drive change, improve organizational effectiveness, identify areas of development and implement people strategies
- Proactively address employee relations issues with leaders and provide guidance on how to handle, ensuring consistency in approach and mitigating risk for the firm
- Partner with leaders on the performance management process to Identify trends; initiate and drive plans to resolve complex issues in the areas of training, compensation, staffing, and employee relations to ensure fairness and legal compliance.
- Leverage tools to provide metrics and reporting to the practice that will help drive people decisions such as recruiting metrics, engagement metrics, turnover metrics
- Collaborate with global HR team members across regions
- People Development – help leaders identify gaps in skills for team members, and work with leaders to create a plan to address
- Respond to employee issues/concerns regarding policies, staffing, and disciplinary actions, and provide feedback to functional managers to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Partner with learning and development in the business and corporate to ensure that programs are addressing needs
- Work with Talent Acquisition resources, internally and in the business to ensure that candidate experience is good and that there is a thorough and consistent process
- Lead the coordination of all onboarding and off boarding of employees to ensure consistency, partnering with the national point person for the practice
- Leverage the A&M global technology platforms and other tools to maintain employee data for both regulatory, proposal, recruitment and reporting purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3-4 years of HR experience
- Consultative approach when partnering with the practice
- Analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solver with the ability to think critically and independently
- Self-motivated and disciplined individual with analytical skills; capability to work independently as well as in team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Workday experience is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.