AF-WI Madison Natl HQ
AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
Our company is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. If you are in search of a new challenge and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every new job opportunity is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your new journey by reviewing and applying for new job opportunities you are interested in!
R24761 Adaptive Planning Business Systems Specialist (Open to Remote) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Job Family Summary
Leads the development and implementation of new business technology platforms and the enhancement of existing systems. Evaluates new technology and identifies systems and business data requirements. Recommends appropriate systems and technology alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems. Provides administration and support services for key business technology platforms and systems. Maintains systems-related internal controls and ensures the integrity and completeness of source system transaction data. Prepares communications and makes presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives. Some staff may specialize in process/robotics or report automation.
Job Level Summary
- Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
- Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Documents and maintains business rules and business processes as well as how those rules and processes are captured and automated through business systems.
- Participates in projects related to new business systems or changes to existing systems to ensure business goals are met with delivery of the proposed system solution.
- Works with IT to clarify business requirements where needed and assists in the development of the test strategy and plan.
- Participates in ideation and prioritization for future system use and enhancements.
- Researches system issues and coordinates resolution.
- Leads or participates on teams to provide on-going testing and evaluation of controls..
- Establishes processes to collect and produce required information for external reporting.
- Reviews established controls over information created for external reports.
- Ability to participate in 24×7 off hour/on call on a rotating basis.
- This position requires travel up to10% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated experience developing user acceptance test cases and conducting user acceptance testing.
- Demonstrated experience documenting work processes and business rules.
- Demonstrated experience in solving problems of a technical nature.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of how technology can be used to automate business processes.
Additional Job Information
Preferred candidates will have:
Strong Workday Adaptive Planning knowledge
Cube Model and Standard Sheets
Sheet Linking / Formulas
Integrations to Workday
Publish to Workday
Strong experience in Finance, Accounting, Budgeting and Forecasting
Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups and complex formulas
Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
Essbase and Tableau skills a plus
Depending on qualifications, candidates may be considered at the senior analyst or senior specialist level
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
We are open to hiring candidates to work remotely (anywhere in the USA).