Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance in approximately 70 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets and manage risks.
We’re also committed to making a positive difference for our colleagues and in the communities where we work and live. We encourage colleagues to give back to the causes they care most about, supporting these efforts through our Volunteer Time Off and Matching Grants Programs.
Corporate Benefits—Senior Benefits Manager for Leave Administration and Wellness Programs
Note – This person will be required to work in the New York , NY or Jersey City, NJ office at least 3-4 days per week.
About the role
The Senior Benefits Manager, Leave and Wellness, has two primary areas of responsibility. The first is to manage all of the processes related to the administration of the AIG leave of absence programs including corporate policies and mandatory federal and state programs with the ultimate goal of creating an efficient, positive and consistent experience for employees and managers that is fully compliant with various laws. The second area is to oversee and implement a variety of high-quality, high-visibility wellness programming and preventive health services throughout the company, with a focus on communicating and promoting such programs to employees.
The leave and absence management aspect of the role:
- Monitors and manages the end-to-end processes of the leave administration and will ensure leave management vendor service level compliance and will track outcomes.
- Is responsible for advocating/articulating Company’s policies and procedures related to leave administrative programming with the vendor and assuring leave documentation is clear, up to date and vetted with all stakeholders,
- Leads and coordinates response to instances of escalated or unresolved events as well as using data gathered from these instances to identify trends, seeking resolution as required.
- Is the “keeper” of the work process flows/streams, developing new policies/ practices and implementing or modifying associated work process flow/streams as needed.
- Own the communications of leave of absence policies to the employees and managers.
The wellness manager aspect of the role:
- Oversees and implements a variety of high-quality, high-visibility wellness programs and preventive health events that are creatively and effectively communicated to drive employee participation at such events and focus on personal wellness in a variety of ways.
- Manages and partners with wellness vendors and supervises on-site, full-time wellness consultant.
Leave Management Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the relationship with the third-party leave administrator (TPA) and regularly communicate with the TPA to ensure leaves and disability programs are being administered timely, accurately and in accordance with leave documentation.
- In partnership with HR Shared Service Center team and Employee Relations, escalate service concerns to the TPA as needed and then work with/coordinate all parties (including the TPA) to ensure those concerns are thoroughly addressed to resolution.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert/Primary liaison between various parties involved with the leave administration process including TPA, Employee Relations, HR Shared Services Center, external benefit administrator, and Worker’s Compensation.
- Interpret and administer all aspects of Total Absence Management programming by providing extensive case coordination and administrative management for all aspects of the leave administration process.
- Partner with legal department to ensure compliance with various federal, state, and local leave legislation and mandates. Develop leave administration process changes and implements them as needed in response to changes in legal requirements.
- Partner with Communication department to create and maintain of all leave communications for employees and managers.
- Maintain leave administration processes documentation.
- Manage fully insured LTD policy renewals.
- Work with HRIS system management team to review the set up of the leave statuses in Workday.
Wellness Programming Job Responsibilities:
- Develop the US Wellness programming strategy and operating plan (including development of annual calendar of programs) that aligns with global wellness strategy, Corporate Benefits’ goals and overall organizational business plans within budget parameters and population metrics.
- Supervise full-time Health Promotion Specialist, including regular planning meetings and delegation of Wellness projects.
- Assure appropriate approval processes, use of budget and internal partner and external vendor resources are utilized as part of Wellness programming process.
- Work with other internal partners, such as ERGs and Corporate Citizenship, to identify and establish integration opportunities between various offerings including cross-promotion of programming and partner events and activities.
- Lead implementation of large-scale annual wellness events including Benefits Fairs, flu shots and other in-person Wellness events.
- Contribute to the creation and review of new, creative marketing campaigns and communications to reinforce Wellness messaging.
- Manage several wellness vendors and ensure vendor execution of topic development, appropriate credentialing for services, processes, and materials.
- Support vendor logistics including contract execution and renewal, budget, and utilization metrics.
The position requires a Leave Administration professional with:
- 5+ years (preferred) leave and absence management experience and demonstrated expertise in the administration, interpretation, execution, and process documentation of all company leave policies and procedures as well required federal and state leaves.
- Substantial success and experience in working with third party vendors and leave administrators.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to develop trusting relationships with stakeholders, including but not limited to employees, managers, Legal and HR Business Partners, and to communicate complex issues in an understandable way.
- The ability to think independently and use discretion when evaluating the appropriate course of action.
- Critical analytical skills to identify, investigate and correct problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated agility to work in a fast-paced work environment, manage a variety of tasks simultaneously with efficiency, balance a large and diversified workload, and navigate challenging situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of the Workday functionality a plus.
- Experience with or enthusiasm about learning and gaining substantive and operational expertise in developing and implementing meaningful, high-impact Wellness programs.
- Organizational and management skills to drive multiple workstreams with a wide variety of internal partners (legal, communications, facilities, risk, IT, catering, etc.) needed to sponsor Benefit Fairs, flu vaccine clinics and other in-person wellness initiatives (biometrics screenings, onsite massages, eye exam events etc.).
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
For positions based in Jersey City, the base salary range is $123,000.00 – $163,000.00. For positions based in NYC, the base salary range is $115,000.00 – $170,000.00. In addition, the position is eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan. We’re proud to offer a range of competitive benefits, a summary of which can be viewed here: AIG Benefits Overview.
A look at our Benefits
We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
HR – Human Resources
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.