Sr. Legal Coordinator / Sr. Executive Assistant
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
Life and Retirement is a unique franchise that brings together a broad portfolio of life insurance, retirement and institutional products offered through an extensive, multichannel distribution network. It holds longstanding, leading market positions in many of the markets it serves in the U.S.
AIG’s Global Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs department is comprised of attorneys and other professionals providing high quality advisory and transactional support with integrity and objectivity across all parts of the organization. The team ensures an operating environment that minimizes legal, regulatory and reputational risks and complies with all laws and regulations and AIG policies & procedures. This is a global, diverse and award-winning team that has been recognized for its leadership and innovative solutions. You will also be able to participate in AIG’s award-winning pro bono program.
About the role
In this challenging and dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to support the Senior Vice President and General Counsel and a team of lawyers and paralegals in the AIG Legal Department who manage the day-to-day legal needs of SunAmerica Asset Management, LLC (or SAAMCo) and the mutual fund business. The Sr. Legal Coordinator / Sr. Executive Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Time Management: Manage schedules, anticipate obstacles and respond to constant change with respect to daily needs of busy executives.
- Calendar Management: Maintain individual and department-wide calendars. Plan and schedule meetings and teleconferences, including revising, finalizing and distributing meeting materials as well as confirming logistics, across multiple times zones and locations.
- Law Firm and Related Billing Management: Manage the intake and processing of law firm and other pdf/paper invoices, including tracking, scanning and posting electronically of such records. Handle processing through Ascent and Team Connect Legal Billing system.
- Production of Documents: Draft, edit and/or print out correspondence, reports, Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets and various documents requiring advanced Microsoft Office capabilities including redlining.
- Office and Event Management: Answer phones, handle traditional and electronic mail, stock, monitor and order supplies, check requests, printing, scanning, and facsimile requests. Coordinate department-wide meetings and social events. Provide administrative support to attorneys in connection with employee resource group (ERG) and pro bono related initiatives, events and activities.
- Travel arrangements: Make travel arrangements including transportation, lodging, ground transport, meals, etc. Anticipate and plan for needs of traveling executives, timely process expense reimbursements and ensure payment, and other related activities through Concur.
- Subscription Updates: Update legal periodicals in Legal library.
- BCP/Disaster Recovery: Maintain and update disaster recovery call trees and related documents.
- Client Service: Respond to inquiries from clients and vendors, as well as other AIG affiliates, outside law firms, field offices, trade and professional organizations, and regulators.
- Records Management: Maintain department files, including correspondence with auditors and others, regulatory binders and records relating to subscriptions, using hard copy filing systems and matter management databases. Assist lawyers with administrative tasks and document management in connection with SEC and other regulatory exams and inquiries.
- Organizational Agility: Develop proficiency at navigating the SAAMCo and broader AIG organization by learning and mastering internal systems, protocols and culture. Promote a collaborative and positive work environment by demonstrating professionalism, optimism and integrity.
What you need to know:
- Must have 7+ years of administrative experience performing administrative support functions and duties in a large high-volume corporate law group or law firm, with at least 3 years performing high level executive support.
- B.A. or B.S. preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Visio and Access a plus).
- Experience with Ascent and Team Connect Legal billing system is a plus
- Experience with legal billing and basic bookkeeping.
- Highly detailed orientation with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and high energy environment while managing to shift deadlines and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with senior management and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and anticipates needs, while also working effectively as part of a team.
- “Can do” spirit to support others outside of legal team where there is administrative overflow or absences.
- Strong capability to carry out tasks with a high level of ownership, accountability, judgment and follow through.
- Ability to network throughout AIG to execute tasks, including following up with others
- Sound judgment, discretion and integrity.
- Ability to work overtime during unanticipated and anticipated peak work periods.
- Experience with scanning, phone systems and current technologies. Knowledge of Workday, Concur, Ariba, Huntington Time Piece, Fieldglass, Flagship, WAV, Ascent (Legal Billing), DocuSign and SharePoint would be helpful, but is not required.
What our employees like most about working for AIG
- We care about your professional development. Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation.
- Our “Giving Back” policy is at the core of our daily operations and guides our future progress. Don’t believe us? We put our money where our mouth is! AIG will give you up to 16 hours a year paid time off to volunteer in the community.
- Our people are our most important asset therefore we provide a generous benefits plan and competitive pay.
Benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance). We offer 24 PTO days to start. YES, 24!
- 9 paid holidays per calendar year.
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan which will be HARD TO BEAT. Our 401K – $1 for $1 match up to 6% with immediate vesting, plus AIG automatically contributes an additional 3% into your 401K regardless of if you enroll or not.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
In order to work from or visit an AIG office, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of AIG’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, individuals hired into this position will be required to attest that they have been fully vaccinated and agree to have their vaccination status and proof of vaccination confidentially stored by AIG. Exemptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
AS – Administrative Support
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company