Explore how you can contribute at AmeriLife.
For over 50 years, AmeriLife has been a leader in the development, marketing and distribution of annuity, life and health insurance solutions for those planning for and living in retirement.
Associates get satisfaction from knowing they provide agents, marketers and carrier partners the support needed to succeed in a rapidly evolving industry.
We are seeking a IT Manager, Workday to join our team. The IT Workday Manager will sit within the Information Technology team and will work closely with Human Resources, and other functional SMEs within Workday. This individual will be the technical point of contact mainly responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting Workday Integrations and other IT applications. Specifically responsible for supporting cross-functional leads by serving as a technical resource for the Workday platform ensuring data consistency, data integrity, and enterprise alignment. The HCM Technology Analyst/Manager must exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices.
[The following reflects duties for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time for business reasons.]
- Provide solution and integration development with Workday HR/Payroll including requirements gathering, functional specs, design, custom development, integration build, testing, UAT and deployment
- Design and implement integration with other non-Workday systems, both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with project resources in all aspects of system testing including development of test strategy documentation, creating test scripts, coordinate testing resources, compile test completion metrics, and test script execution
- Maintain continuously and support existing integrations by resolving defects (if any), enhance and apply required updates, as necessary
- Coordinate and seek alignment across business units to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Identify and address areas for process improvement and operational efficiencies between IT and Workday.
- Provide sound solutions and recommend efficient security and organization solutions to support end-to-end business processes.
- Experience with developing custom reports, BIRT reports as needed
- Proactively validates and identifies technical/functional issues, recommends solutions, and drives timely decisions.
- Acts as the organization’s lead change agent in preparation and implementation of new system rollouts and upgrades.
- Independently implements enhancements and solutions for identified issues including reporting and integrations, while also identifying skills needed from external resources to fill internal knowledge gaps and managing these resources.
- Manages Workday releases internally identifying impact and enhancement opportunities associated with a new release as it relates to Integrations, Workday Studio, BIRT, Web Services, EIBs, etc.
- Help support regression testing, system upgrades, changes and modifications, including evaluation of Workday releases.
- Stays up to date with industry best practices and emerging technologies related to Information Technology and Workday.
- Liaise with Workday user community to access best practices.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Workday Systems Administrator or similar role
- Experience with Workday Integrations including system configuration and security
- Certification (Workday Pro Integration Administrator, PMP, Six Sigma, etc) is preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma, Agile, and/or other methodologies
- Expertise in collaborative technologies including Microsoft solutions (SharePoint, OneDrive, Planner, etc.) and/or other project management tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong knowledge of Workday Technologies such as integrations (e.g., Workday Studio, Core Connectors, EIBs, PICOFs, Web Services, etc.
- Knowledge of database management, system security and troubleshooting
- Experience in writing documents and executing requirements, design, development, and testing.
- Experience with web service integrations such as SOAP, WSDL, XML, WWS, RaaS
- Knowledge of Single Sign On technologies, such as SAML, Okta and Microsoft ADFS
- Experience monitoring and maintaining integrations between Workday and internal/external vendor systems
- Knowledge and basic understanding of Workday Business Process configuration and Security Configuration in the tenant
- Ability to understand the requirement end to end; both Technical and Functional and to work with the clients independently and to effectively communicate details
- Strong understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC) and ITIL framework and principals (i.e., requirements, analysis, design, construction, testing, and deployment).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively provide updates on the status of ongoing projects, issues, and upcoming needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Change and Project Management
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgement and handle highly sensitive, confidential information
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team