Farmington Hills, MI
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Senior Compensation & Benefits Analyst working in our hybrid approach based out of Farmington Hills, MI. This role will influence compensation and benefits outcomes and maintain compliance of all Health & Welfare Plans. The ideal candidate will also possess the following skill set.
Analyze, interpret, and make recommendations that support the development and maintenance of a competitive total rewards package, aligned with the organization's Employee Value Proposition. Ensure benefit and compensation plan compliance with evolving regulatory changes and market practices.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Continually evaluate total rewards offerings to ensure alignment with market trends and company strategy to drive results.
- Facilitate the design, development, implementation and administration of compensation and health & welfare benefits.
- Gather, interpret, and use data to develop actionable steps that will improve processes, optimize plan design, and enhance the employee rewards experience.
- Monitor compliance with statutory requirements governing compensation, and health & welfare benefit programs.
- Conduct various plan related audits, prepare and/or coordinate statutory or regulatory reports and filings, coordinate annual compliance testing, and ensure plan related financial transactions are prepared according to financial controls.
- Support Amerisure’s compensation strategy through participation in salary surveys, analysis of market conditions, and evaluation of job descriptions. Provide detailed analysis on competitive position.
- Assist with annual merit and incentive compensation processing.
- Collaborate with corporate legal to ensure timely and accurate execution of required notices and plan document updates.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of a combination of benefits analytical, and broad-based compensation experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in laws and regulations governing benefits including Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, IRS regulations, Section 125, and COBRA
- Demonstrated proficiency in laws and regulations governing compensation including FLSA and Title VII.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively build relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically with supporting analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated successful ability to work on several projects concurrently.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER SUCH AS CHROME, FIREFOX, ETC.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.