Farmington Hills, MI
Amerisure creates exceptional value for its partners, policyholders and employees. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, and have more than $825 million in Direct Written Premiums and $1.08 billion in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Total Rewards Director with expertise in leading a competitive total rewards strategy, including expertise in retirement plan administration. This role will sit onsite in our Farmington Hills office. The ideal candidate will also possess the following skill set.
Leads the design, development, implementation, administration, and analysis of total rewards strategy across compensation, benefits, and HRIS. Collaborates with HR and department leaders to identify evolving market demands, and talent needs in relation to the EVP. Translates business needs into competitive total reward solutions that attract, retain and motivate talent, and align with the compensation and benefits philosophies of the organization.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Lead and direct staff in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with the company’s strategic direction.
- Develop and implement long-term total reward strategies and resulting annual plans and priorities that align with company goals and objectives, in collaboration with HR and Company leadership; monitor and measure effectiveness of existing total rewards plan to ensure they meet financial, cultural and competitive needs of the company and employees.
- Leads the development and delivery of compelling total rewards communication strategy, materials and training to meet employee needs, maximize perceived value and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Manages the administration of direct compensation for all employees and officers including market analysis, annual merit and bonus planning and administration; provides guidance to HR team and management on compensation strategy and decisions that align with the goals of the organization
- Provides consultative technical and regulatory expertise on complex employee benefit and/or compensation issues; provide recommendations to ensure effective administration and regulatory compliance.
- Lead continued deployment, evolution, and adoption of Workday to support strategic needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain short and long-term human resource goals and objectives that align with the strategic and operational goals of the organization; establish and report performance metrics related to total rewards strategy performance.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal human resources team, internal leadership and key external consultants.
- Ensures financial controls are adequately designed and operate effectively to minimize the risk of fraud and material misstatement in financial statements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 8 years progressive experience in compensation and/or benefits
- 3 years leadership experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in laws and regulations governing benefits including Affordable Care Act, ERISA, HIPAA, IRS regulations, Section 125, and COBRA.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation systems and practices, as well as state and federal regulations pertaining to compensation issues (ie. DLSA, DOL, EEOC, etc)
- Workday HRIS experience with data analysis competencies, preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), SHRM-CP and/or HRCI certification(s), preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think strategically with supporting analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated successful capability to resolve conflict over sensitive or complex issues.
- Ability to lead discussions, make presentations and deliver technical results to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance-based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.