US – California – Thousand Oaks
US – Wyoming – Cheyenne
US – Rhode Island – Providence
US – Texas – Houston
US – Kentucky – Louisville/Jefferson County
US – Michigan – Detroit
US – Georgia – Atlanta
US – Arkansas – Little Rock
US – Kansas – Wichita
US – Mississippi – Jackson
US – New Mexico – Albuquerque
US – Delaware – Wilmington
US – Vermont – Burlington
US – Wisconsin – Milwaukee
US – Pennsylvania – Philadelphia
US – Ohio – Columbus
US – Utah – Salt Lake City
US – New Jersey – Newark
US – Arizona – Phoenix
US – Minnesota – Minneapolis
US – North Dakota – Fargo
US – Iowa – Des Moines
US – Oregon – Portland
US – Connecticut – Bridgeport
US – West Virginia – Charleston
US – Washington D.C.
US – Alaska – Anchorage
US – Illinois – Chicago
US – Washington – Seattle
US – New Hampshire – Manchester
US – Tennessee – Memphis
US – Oklahoma – Oklahoma City
US – California – Los Angeles
US – Nevada – Las Vegas
US – North Carolina – Charlotte
US – Indiana – Indianapolis
US – Alabama – Birmingham
US – Massachusetts – Boston
US – Nebraska – Omaha
US – Florida – Jacksonville
US – Montana – Billings
US – Maryland – Baltimore
US – South Dakota – Sioux Falls
US – Idaho – Boise City
US – Maine – Portland
US – Hawaii – Honolulu
US – Virginia – Virginia Beach
US – Louisiana – New Orleans
US – New York – New York
US – Missouri – Kansas City
US – South Carolina – Columbia
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Director, Human Resources Data and Analytics
What you will do
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world!
Amgen is seeking a Director, Human Resources Data and Analytics to define and drive a new ambition around HR data, analytics, metrics and predictive insights. This is a new role is accountable for establishing a vision, setting a roadmap and engaging across various stakeholders to deliver a clear plan for HR sensing, metrics and predictive analytics. This role is accountable to lead a cross-functional work team accountable to integrate people data and insights from various systems and functions. In this role, you will work beyond HR with a broader enterprise team to integrate HR data into a broader data community to solve relevant business problems and get data to the desktops of business leaders.
This role works in a global HR Center of Excellence (COE). In this role you will partner with business leaders, managers, technology partners and HR partners across the globe to ensure Amgen’s HR Data and analytics strategy is informing key organizational priorities, answering critical organizational questions, and addressing employee needs.
This location of this role is flexible.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering business intelligence, dashboards and models
- Works closely and often leads a cross-functional group of team members to solve complex insight challenges across all facets of HR.
- Works across other centers of excellence to ensure aligned technology and analytics roadmaps
- Brings an anticipatory and curious mind, underpinned with strong math and statistical knowledge
- Leads the delivery of HR metrics and analysis overall ensuring that the data is relevant, timely and tells a meaningful story
- Helps define priorities and map long-term insights and intelligence strategy including an analytics roadmap, with short and long-term goals and a focus on gaining and improving predictive capabilities
- Drives outcomes in the business by consulting with HR Business Partner population on how data and analytics can enable change within their organization
- Drives and integrates employee lifecycle metrics to help understanding the entire employee experience from application to exit
- Conduct quarterly updates with HR leadership to share key people metrics and insights
- Coordinates predictive and behavioral modeling in support of talent acquisition, talent management, turnover and retention, workforce effectiveness, and employee engagement etc…
- Leads the delivery of ad hoc analyses on HR topics to drive strategic and tactical decision making and conducts trend analysis to measure ongoing results
- Supports Talent Planning efforts to ensure process is grounded in scalable and “real world useful” HR analytics with priorities backed by data
- Challenges the status quo when it comes to the use story that data can tell while constantly seeking continuous improvement for all HR processes, initiatives, ways of working, etc.
- Own vision, roadmap, implementation and support for reporting and analytics tools/services
- Collaborate with HR process owners in developing and maintaining training materials and documentation
- Serve as SME role on HR technology projects as related to reporting, analytics, predictive analytics, data interpretation. validated trending etc..
- Works with diversity team to clarify and deliver against internal/external reporting requirements for diversity and ESG data
- Benchmarks key measures against external industry, region and “best in class” peers and applies new approaches to identify links between human capital and business performance
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate professional we seek is curious by nature and uses developed survey and listening questions data to inform and predict trending across the organization. You will also possess the following qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Human Resources experience
Master’s degree and 7 years of Human Resources experience
Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of Human Resources experience
- Experience with multiple talent analytic platforms
- Ability to influence business partners and other key stakeholders to adopt holistic initiatives tailored to business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs and best practice insights to inform design and configuration of HR systems/programs/technology.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with experience managing large projects on a global scale involving multiple functions and shared accountabilities.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of how to use data to inform program design.
- Ability to balance a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing demands.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years professional experience in People analytics with exposure and understanding of reporting and HR systems
- Experience with business intelligence visualization tools (Tableau, Visier, Workday Prism)
- Passion for empirical research and qualitative research
- Experience with statistical analysis, predictive and behavioral modeling
- Collaborative team member with exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to synthesize data, metrics and analysis across different functions of Human Resources, multiple systems, internal and external sources and integrate into a well-rounded, actionable direction
- Experienced team leader
- High-impact communication skills with ability to present complex data in logical, concise and insightful ways
- Results orientation with demonstrated work track record of success in the areas of HR Analytics and Data related analysis
- Evidence of learning quickly and ability to build on existing business foundations
- Solid attention to detail and project management skills
- Integrity, advanced professionalism and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of company and employee information
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.