Cherry Hill, NJ
Come join the true partner of global healthcare companies, Amplity Health. We continually challenge the boundaries of medical and commercial strategies to accelerate the approval and launch of new drugs to improve the lives of patients.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the biweekly payroll process, including month-end general ledger processing and all tax filings for the company. This role will ensure that payroll is processed accurately, on-time & in compliance with all local, state & federal mandates for payroll companies within the company. The Payroll Manager will work in partnership with all members of the HR team and cross-functionally with other departments to ensure HR processes are seamless and efficient throughout the employee lifecycle. The person in this role will bring a deeply analytical, data-driven, and process-oriented mindset and a dedication to driving projects that facilitate a positive employee experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the processing of exempt/non-exempt multi-company and state payrolls ensuring accurate salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions as well as new company and consolidations.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Review and set up payroll tax for legal entities and federal, state, local jurisdictions, and partner with third party vendors such as tax filing services and HRIS systems on changes, issues, and resolutions.
- Manage year-end payroll processing, including tax filings, audits, W-2s and corrections.
- Perform reviews of tax filings to ensure alignment and reconciliation with G/L records; reconcile employer and employee level; timely remittances of taxes and accurate reporting of withholdings.
- Create internal and external reports and support audit data requests.
- Supports projects and workstreams for implementations for payroll systems and enhancements/change orders.
- Maintain data integrity in Workday (HRIS) and ADP Workforce Now systems.
- Collaborate/lead process improvements with team members and operations and building standard operating procedures.
- Prepare monthly payroll general ledger reports for month-end close.
- Support Corporate Controller on reconciliation of payroll bank account.
All positions at Amplity Health have a responsibility to demonstrate our EPICC Values in order to uphold our high-service standards.
Excellence: We set high standards. We are solutions-focused and achieve outstanding results with a professional and positive attitude.
Passion: We love what we do. Our energy inspires, engages, and motivates others.
Innovation: Our ideas set us apart. We are curious and bold and challenge traditional ways of working.
Integrity: We are open, honest, and transparent. We do the right thing with courage and understanding.
Collaboration: We are better together. We actively seek the participation of others to achieve greater outcomes.
Education/Experience and Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- BS Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience and five (5) plus years related payroll experience; or seven (7) years’ payroll management experience, required.
- Experience with multi-state payroll and multiple tax entities and a strong knowledge of Federal, State HR/Payroll, IRS regulations.
- Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel spreadsheets (pivot table and V lookups), required.
- Highly organized, analytical and ability to lead or manage projects and deadlines, required.
- Experience with payrolls all US states including tax reporting (NJ, PA, CA, DE highly experienced), preferred.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams to build relationships and achieve common goals.
- Proactive, change-oriented, and adaptable. Critical eye for consistency and implementation of new processes.
- Effective communication skills and strong service orientation/ability to collaborate and partner with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with Workday Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform a plus
- Experience with large data file feed integrations for benefits, retirement, and compensation, preferred.
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity working with confidential information
We have a 40-year track record of delivering solutions for Pharma and Biotech companies large and small.
Our wide-ranging capabilities include clinical and medical outsourced teams; clinical and medical capability development; companion diagnostic and precision medicine solutions; medical communications; expert engagement; remote and field solutions for patients, payers, and physicians; and strategic and access consulting. Therapeutically, we cross many areas but have been a leader in oncology and rare diseases.
Our one-of-a-kind Insights database offers clients a detailed view into patient–provider interactions and provider treatment rationale not found through any other provider.
Every offering, every touchpoint, every solution is designed to ensure our pharmaceutical client’s patients gain access to and benefit from the best medicines for the right reasons.
Our company values align to our partnership vision and define our culture. These EPIIC values are reinforced in our people, our processes, and the solutions we provide for our clients: Excellence, Passion, Innovation, Integrity, and Collaboration.
We believe that delivering on true partnership for our clients begins and ends with our own team, which is why we relentlessly recruit and maintain teams devoted to living our EPIIC values. The result? An inclusive, collaborative, and respectful culture we are proud of. We hold one another accountable to maintaining a safe workspace where we challenge one another to bring our best selves to work each day.
You will never feel unsure about how our EPIIC values look when lived out. We make conscious efforts to model and reward behaviors that remind our colleagues, clients, vendors, and partners what we stand for.
We foster a sense of belonging by ensuring contributions are heard and respected. We want every member of the team to feel like they have a voice and they can use it. Constantly challenged and always supported, each member of our team is empowered to create innovative, meaningful outcomes for our clients.
Opportunities with Amplity offer competitive compensation and dependent on the opportunity could include a comprehensive benefits package and 401K benefits.
To learn more about us, visit our website at amplity.com or our social media pages, linkedin.com/company/amplity-health and twitter.com/amplityhealth.
CELEBRATING DIVERSE PERSPECTIVES
We passionately champion a culture of belonging, with transparent company practices that drive diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our commitment to inclusion is core to who we are. We welcome people with diverse backgrounds and perspective who ignite curiosity and challenge the status quo. As a provider of services across 6 continents, our team is as diverse as the clients we serve and the countries we work in.
We seek to create an inclusive, fair, and respectful environment that celebrates the individual differences and unique perspectives each person brings; where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be their true, authentic, and best self.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome everyone to our team. We promise to maintain a safe working environment where team members can thrive. The IDEA – Amplity’s Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity Alliance – makes sure of it. The IDEA helps our organization embrace diverse business practices, creates a sense of community through colleague resource groups, reminds our leaders to sponsor and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages cultural competence and awareness through company-wide resources for learning.
Our commitment to diversity spans our people, our processes, and our suppliers.
OUR DIVERSITY POLICY
We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an individual’s skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and other qualifications. In addition, Amplity Health maintains policies and procedures designed to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which Amplity Health has facilities.