We’re thrilled that you are interested in joining us here at the Amynta Group!
Sym-Tech Dealer Services (Sym-Tech) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Amynta Group (Amynta). Sym-Tech retail automotive industry, providing services and products to automotive dealers. Sym-Tech is a Canadian operated company experiencing rapid growth across Canada and is fastest growing warranty business at Amynta.
The Director of Finance will provide leadership, strategic direction, and deep technical knowledge to the accounting and finance team. This individual will be responsible for the financial reporting, perform financial analysis, and develop forecasts and financial plans on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This role incorporates a combination of financial reporting, business modeling, and creative thinking to develop efficient processes while supporting internal stakeholders to ensure that corporate business objectives and financial results are met.
The Director of Finance will work closely with the President of President of Sym-Tech Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Finance Department.
- Develop, analyze and improve processes and systems to produce meaningful, accurate and timely financial reporting for the Company. Reconcile and analyze monthly balance sheet, income statements and financial position forecasts.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and make recommendations using high-level quantitative skills/tools to ensure that senior leadership can draw accurate conclusions.
- Develop, monitor and interpret key operating metrics and trends; effectively communicate key business insights to management and business partners.
- Drive the corporate budgeting process including updating forecasts and maintaining projection models. Review actual verses projection and communicate with operational business leaders to provide financial insight into performance and variance analysis.
- Manage relationships with external auditors and financial institutions, as required, including overseeing any auditing conducted by third parties to ensure effective resolution and swift closure of auditing activities.
- Test and implement internal controls within the organization.
- Train and develop junior staff within the finance & accounting team.
- Support the Company with merger and acquisition analysis.
- Identify and monitor legislation, regulations, business/industry trends, and scan competitive landscape to keep company ahead of industry trends.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with professional accounting designation (CA/CMA/CGA/CPA).
- 10+ years of progressive management experience with knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Knowledge of insurance/warranty accounting preferrable
- Strong leadership and motivational skills in order to guide and support direct reports in accomplishing individual, team and organizational goals.
- Strong preference for candidates who have worked in an entrepreneurial, high growth environment in a privately held business. Demonstrated ability to “roll up the sleeves” and work with the team in a hands on capacity.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and knowledge of Workday or ERP accounting systems.