A great experience starts with you!
Honda Center welcomes fans, performers, and athletes from around the globe. Our team members are an integral part of the event experience through their interactions with guests. Whether you’re looking to create a great guest experience at a concert, support business growth and development, work behind-the-scenes during an Anaheim Ducks game, or anything in-between, this is your opportunity to start the next chapter of your career story and help create a one-of-a-kind fan experience at Honda Center.
Once you’ve had a chance to explore our current open positions, apply to the ones you feel best suit you, as an applicant, you can always see your application status in your profile.
Summary of Position
The Manager, Payroll is a full-time, exempt position that will oversee/manage entity-wide payroll personnel and processes. Manage and coordinate activities of multiple payroll systems and/or payroll staff at different locations. Lead responsibility for all accounting functions related to recording payroll transactions and processes for multiple entities. Oversee compilation and preparation of all payroll data and direct computation of differential pay according to company policy. Work with the Human Resources Manager in charge of compliance to interpret company policies and government regulations in connection with payroll procedure and direct preparation of government reports. The position plays an integral role for strategic leadership and collaboration between various departments to achieve efficient and compliant payroll processes.
- Responsible for leading and directing all payroll operations, payroll tax and compliance, and vendors.
- Manage the payroll team in their function of processing time, compiling payroll statistics, maintaining payroll control records, recording hours of work, and calculating payrolls.
- Lead the payroll team across all the company entities and activities delivering efficient processes and controls resulting in timely and accurate payrolls.
- Support an environment that encourages, values, and delivers outstanding customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate oversight and controls are in place for all processes and outputs to meet external, internal and other compliance standards and regulations.
- Implement and manage an effective team across multiple entities, providing exceptional service levels to internal and external customers.
- Analyze and audit payrolls for accuracy. Lead process improvement events and activities to ensure policy and processes are harmonized, automated and efficiently executed on a regular basis.
- Create and monitor AMS and ADP payroll cases (ticketed issues to resolve with 3rd party vendors).
- Create all new payroll related earnings and deductions within the Workday system as well as maintain existing payroll aggregate calculations.
- Develop and document payroll processes.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring work activities, such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports, etc., in order to inform management of current status or work activities.
- Project leader for implementation of new/updated versions of Workday as relates to payroll practices and business processes.
- SME and advisor when partnering with the Tax, Legal, Finance and HR teams on projects, questions, or general support relating to payroll administration/tax matters.
- Works closely with internal and external legal counsel and the HR Team in reviewing pay practices and processes and procedures to mitigate any possible risks of litigation.
- Monitor and identify Federal, State and local compliance requirements and ensure overall compliance.
- Lead all quarter/year-end payroll reconciliation/process requirements (Quarterly Taxes/W2’s).
- Mentor existing payroll staff providing needed education regarding properly processing payroll and accurately following wage and hour regulations.
- Implement timekeeping and payroll systems for acquired/new companies.
- Establish departmental measurements that support and track progress towards strategic and operational goals.
- Recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Interpret company policy to employees and enforce safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Multiple Entity Accounting Responsibilities
- Approve payroll accounting monthly journals for multiple accounting systems on different platforms.
- Analyze monthly labor costs and provide variance analysis (actual vs. budget) such as the impact of increased unbudgeted headcount or wage increases.
- Monitor employee benefit costs, identifying any significant changes or adjustments needed for forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for overseeing various payroll balance sheet accounts and analysis and/or recommendations.
- Support the accounting and finance management team, ad-hoc reporting, reviewing payroll related expense on monthly financials, etc.
- Develop monthly journal reports and enhance existing GL Integration Reporting for efficiencies from the payroll system.
- Manage the timeliness of recording payroll journals for monthly close process and accurate financials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of managerial experience in payroll
- Minimum of 5-10 years of payroll accounting experience
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-motivated and possess strong organizational skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience managing vendors
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Workday software knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and NAV preferred
- ABI time and attendance systems knowledge preferred
- ADP Smart Compliance knowledge preferred
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends when required.
- Knowledge of arena/stadium operations helpful
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Education – Bachelor’s Degree
Certifications Required – N/A
Experience Required – 5+ Year’s
“Please note that this position is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means that the applicant can provide acceptable proof that the applicant has received, at least fourteen (14) days prior to the applicant’s start date, either the final dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or a single dose of a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccines must be authorized and/or approved by the FDA. Applicants needing an exemption to this requirement due to medical, disability-related, religious or other protected reasons may request an exemption. The Company will engage in an interactive process to determine if an exemption to this requirement as a reasonable accommodation is appropriate.”
ocV!BE Sports & Entertainment, LLC
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!