New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
Ankura’s OCFO Practice Overview
Ankura Office of the CFO™ (Ankura OCFO™) was established to support the strategic vision and evolving challenges and demands of the finance organization. Our focus is on enabling the CFO’s success by delivering holistic, tailored solutions to drive business performance, enable operational efficiency and effectiveness, and transform data into insights, and position the finance function as a strategic partner to the business.
Ankura Office of the CFO™ Role Overview
Ankura OCFO professionals are trusted partners who deliver sustainable long-term value and results to their clients spanning from mid-sized to Fortune 500 companies, as well as private equity firms and their portfolio companies. Ankura Office of the CFO™ team members have a strong collaborative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset as we work together to continue our rapid growth and constant innovation.
Solutions and Primary Focus Areas:
- Ankura Quality of FinanceTM: Assess Finance organization’s vision and strategy, operating model and organization design, processes and technology; design and implement execution plans
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Establish business partnering through strategic long-range planning, budgeting, forecasting and scenario modelling all enabled by technology
- Reporting: Design management reporting packages with focus on key performance indicators to facilitate management and achievement of financial goals and targets i.e., EBITDA
- Data Analytics & Visualization: Leverage analytics and visualization tools to influence decision-making and predict business outcomes with data-driven insights
- Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Optimization: Drive working capital improvements and greater transparency into cash flow reporting and forecasting
- Operational Effectiveness and Efficiency: Optimize Finance and Accounting processes, operations and service delivery model while managing overall cost of Finance
- Transaction Preparation and Execution: Support Day One readiness and execution of a transaction or liquidity event and manage any transition service agreements or business integrations
- Interim Management: Fill an interim or surge resource need specifically in a leadership or executive role; provide solutions to leverage human capital and experience
- Financial Risk Management: Address audit committee and board concerns, remediate accounting, manage enterprise risk profile
- Senior Associate or Director level will be determined through the interview process
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize complex unstructured information rapidly and develop insights and recommendations
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills: ability to work with client, colleagues, and other stakeholders to define, influence, and drive change
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, promote innovation and diversity of thought, and train, coach, and mentor others
- Grit, passion, perseverance – ability to adapt to complex, dynamic situations and to deliver on commitments
- Participate in business development, marketing, recruiting, and practice development activities
- General knowledge of financial ERP systems, business intelligence technologies, and other finance performance management tools
- Expertise in Microsoft product suite
- Willingness to travel pending health and safety concerns
- Demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality, and integrity
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Subject Matter Expertise (preferred):
- Graduate of accredited 4-year college / university with educational concentration in relevant areas (finance, accounting, economics, corporate strategy, statistics, analytics) preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of experience related to: Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Strategy, Financial Due Diligence, Restructuring, Investment Banking or Private Equity
- Proficient in financial statement analysis, financial modeling, and/or data analytics
- CPA (or technical/ GAAP accounting expertise), CFA, PMP, Six Sigma or Master’s degree preferred but not required
Technical Expertise (one or more of the following preferred):
- Data analytics and visualization tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI)
- Financial ERP (e.g., SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, Workday Financials)
- EPM (e.g., Hyperion Planning, Anaplan, Planful, Adaptive Insights))
- Process and program management tools and point solutions (e.g. Blackline, Ariba, Coupa, Quantum, Celonis, UiPath, Smartsheet)
- SQL, Python, VBA or other coding languages
Ankura is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect and collaboration is paramount. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.