Los Angeles, CA
Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
Ankura’s OCFO Practice Overview
Ankura Office of the CFO™ (Ankura OCFO™) was established to support the strategic vision and evolving challenges and demands of the finance organization. Our focus is on enabling the CFO’s success by delivering holistic, tailored solutions to drive business performance, enable operational efficiency and effectiveness, and transform data into insights, and position the finance function as a strategic partner to the business.
Ankura Office of the CFO™ Role Overview
Ankura OCFO professionals are trusted partners who deliver sustainable long-term value and results to their clients spanning from mid-sized to Fortune 500 companies, as well as private equity firms and their portfolio companies. Ankura Office of the CFO™ team members have a strong collaborative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset as we work together to continue our rapid growth and constant innovation.
Solutions and Primary Focus Areas:
Ankura Quality of FinanceTM: Assess Finance organization’s vision and strategy, operating model and organization design, processes and technology; design and implement execution plans
Financial Planning & Analysis: Establish business partnering through strategic long-range planning, budgeting, forecasting and scenario modelling all enabled by technology
Reporting: Design management reporting packages with focus on key performance indicators to facilitate management and achievement of financial goals and targets i.e., EBITDA
Data Analytics & Visualization: Leverage analytics and visualization tools to influence decision-making and predict business outcomes with data-driven insights
Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Optimization: Drive working capital improvements and greater transparency into cash flow reporting and forecasting
Operational Effectiveness and Efficiency: Optimize Finance and Accounting processes, operations and service delivery model while managing overall cost of Finance
Transaction Preparation and Execution: Support Day One readiness and execution of a transaction or liquidity event and manage any transition service agreements or business integrations
Interim Management: Fill an interim or surge resource need specifically in a leadership or executive role; provide solutions to leverage human capital and experience
Financial Risk Management: Address audit committee and board concerns, remediate accounting, manage enterprise risk profile
*Ideally this role will be based out of Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, or Dallas but open to discussing other locations.
- Graduate of accredited 4-year college / university with educational concentration in accounting
- 3+ years of experience related to general ledger close, financial reporting, financial statement auditing, and technical accounting
- Public accounting audit experience or healthcare provider (health system, physician practice, etc.) industry experience preferred
- Experienced in monthly close processes, accurate and timely accounting, trial balance and financial statement analysis
- Contribute to corporate accounting and reporting functions by successfully fulfilling responsibilities around the monthly financial close process and supporting finance management.
- Create and review journal entries
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of general ledger and financial statement data, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Provide technical accounting assistance and guidance
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations and account fluctuation analysis
- Assists clients in their annual external financial statement audits.
- Collaborate across accounting, revenue cycle, supply chain, accounts payable, and financial information systems, clinical operations, and various other areas
- Provide input into improvement initiatives by observing effectiveness of accounting and reporting processes, assessing risks and internal controls, identifying issues, and recommending solutions
- Willingness to travel pending health and safety concerns
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Subject Matter Expertise (preferred):
- CPA (or technical/ GAAP accounting expertise)
- Masters Degree preferred but not required
Technical Expertise (one or more of the following preferred):
- Financial Systems ERP (e.g., SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, Workday Financials) and general ledger experience
Ankura is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, if you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, submit an online application, or participate in an interview/assessment, please email [email protected] or call toll-free +1.312-583-2122. This email and phone number are created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues unrelated to a disability, will not receive a response.